When The Pain Is Too Much

Sheshe

Aria passed on 9-9-08, I have cried so many times and I just break down for no reason. We have adopted an new little girl and I am more active in our adoption group by fostering all in her memory. But I miss my girl. I miss her personality. She was one of those girls who came off the track and met her foster mom and said "ok spoil me". When she got to her foster moms home she went straight up the stairs jumped into the master bed and refused to move.

We almost did not get her. The president of the group did not really care for her and thought we would do better with another dog, but the foster family prevailed and we got her. My life changed that day. She was the perfect grey. She never met a stranger. She smiled, she loved to talk and she would stick her nose up at you if she got miffed at you. As I held her head in my lap for her last breaths I did not know iif I was going to survie myself. She passed on her favorite spot on our couch. Some days I swear I can see her sitting there. I know the pain will get easier as time goes by but I have to say I so miss my little princess. I loved her soooo much. I love my other babies too but she was my first. Thank you for listening.

DSC02144.jpg

aria1a-1-1.jpg

Sheila
Loved by

Mozart, Sherri, Xavier, McCleary, Tigger. Amelia and 2 Salukis Poppy and Zarah

Guest nerak254

I think there are lots of us who were lucky enough to have had a hound like that, who made a major impact on our hearts and that we still miss as much today as the day they sent to the bridge. Jessica was like that too. She was a kennel favorite and jumped on the couch the minute she walked in the house. She was also really naughty and had the "who me?" look down. It's been 2 1/2 years and it still makes me cry sometimes.

Edited by nerak254

I understand. When I had to send my Dalmatian to the bridge, it was like a thousand pound weight just fell on me and I couldn't move. I'm lucky that I have many good friends who let me grieve on my schedule and didn't tell me to just "get over it." God bless you for helping more dogs in Aria's memory -- that is such a great way to honor her. I love the picture of your beautiful Aria.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

I understand your every emotion. Remembering with you. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I feel your pain and agony. :cry1 Your first grey is the hardest to let go. I still greive for my Darius. You will always keep them in your heart that is where they belong. Always think of the wonderful times you had together and smile. :bighug

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

That is another thing GIG, this will be our first year without her. She always loved to travel and she loved to meet new people. Thank you everyone. I have had 3 other pets pass, my schauzer, my shi-tzu and my beagle mix. but I have to tell you neither of them have impacted me they way that Aria's passing has. I have hung up her crown, and put up her favorite collars. sometimes I get them out just so I can smell her. I did give her coat to our new little girl because she was not to fond of it and never wore it anyway.

Sheila

Sheila
Loved by

Mozart, Sherri, Xavier, McCleary, Tigger. Amelia and 2 Salukis Poppy and Zarah

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

We are very lucky to have had such wonderful souls in our lives. They have only made us better, which makes losing them that much harder.

Sheila, I think losing the first grey is always the hardest. You were lucky that Aria came into your life and gave you so much love. I still haven't gotten over the loss of my first and she died in August, 2004. Something special.

Remember the good times and cry if you have to. You have lots of love to give your current pack and the fosters that pass through your home. :bighug

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

It always makes me smile, today thru some tears, to see a picture of her wearing her crown. No dog more deserving.

Sending many hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.