Pavé Maria Has Cancer

Guest GriffinsMom

Unbelievable! At least you caught it in the early stages and are starting immediate treatment. My prayers to you and your family. Enough is enough already! :grouphug

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear your news. :cry1 Just doesn't seem fair. :( Holding your special girlie in my prayers and sending lots of healing light her way. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Sending prayers for your girl and for you. As others have said, it was caught early and that should make all the

difference. It has to.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm sorry to read this. I would like to give you hope by saying it's not necessarily a death sentence. Our retriever mix was diagnosed with MCTs shortly after we rescued her from the pound. It may be why her family dumped her on the road. She had lots of tumors but she lived almost 4 years from her diagnosis. She was the happiest dog I have ever owned.

I'm going to be positive and say if Pave Maria has just one that they can remove completely she has a really good chance of getting a clean bill of health.

Guest argolola

Sending prayers for your sweet girl. You caught it early and it can be treated. God bless you and your entire family. Sending you some hugs too.

Patti, I am so sorry for the bad news, but at least it was caught early.

We are sending prayers and Toby sends a :kiss2 to his half sister, the beautiful Miss Pave.

:grouphug:hope

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest CorbysMom

Have you gotten staging yet? MCT's aren't necessarily a death sentence. My Spottydog had 4 Stage IV tumors excised and we chose to treat solely with steroids and a holistic diet (which he LOVED!). Spotty lived 6.5 years after diagnosis.

Cancer is a word, not a sentence. Sending much Spottydog luck out to Pave' Maria!

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Patricia, I am so sorry. Wishing good thoughts for you and your girl. Like Diane said, if it's early, there's even more hope to be had.

:grouphug

:goodluck for shrinkage, clean margins, and no recurrence. And that this is the last bad news you have for a long long long time.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I need help! I lost Dr. Couto's address...I just heard from a vet who loves Pavé very much and she contacted him and he is saying no steroids before surgery...I really need to talk to him...please help!

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Clinicians

Dr. C. Guillermo Couto, DVM

Dr. Paulo Vilar, DVM

Dr. Liliana Marin, DVM

General Contact Information

Greyhound Health and Wellness Program

601 Vernon Tharp Street

Columbus, OH 43210

Phone: (614) 247-6757

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.