Buck Tore A Gash In His Flank This Morning

Nuts. Here's hoping for super glue Pam.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest TheDoggfather

Size of a quarter? bah... no big deal, really. Although stressful to you, no doubt. In fact, if one of the pups on the farm had something like that, I'd probaly just keep it clean and give it water therapy daily.

Just keep it clean and it'll heal up lickity split :)

eta: I realize he's not a pup on a farm and healing will be different and I'm not discounting the seriousness of his injury.. just trying to let you know it's not something to stress about. Apologies...

Edited by TheDoggfather

Believe me if not for the flap of skin I'd have slapped some EMT gel on it and called it a day. It was about 1"x2". I know it wasn't that big a deal except I didn't know what to do with the flap that was hanging off. :blush I guess I could have just waited for it to shrivel up. :dunno The vet and I discussed just cutting it off and doing water therapy be he decided to try glue instead. If the glue fails then that is where we go.

eta -- believe me, I can fix most things with spit and bailing wire, but even my good old boy neighbor who ran pony rides for 20 years (not one to run to the vet) said he thought we'd better go.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Oh poor Buck. Here ya go honey. :dogcookie :dogcookie :dogcookie

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest sinaminsmom

I think the glue was a greyt idea - hope it works. After a dog attack in October, Sinamin had a triangle flap and that gave her more trouble healing than any of the other 16 lacerations. And the biggest scar. Our vet used stitches, but they pulled out on one side, flap of skin died, back to the vets. Hope Buck feels better quickly, Sinamin and her Mommy

Fingers crossed it heals without incident.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Glue is still good. Think we are in the clear (I hope).

Bucky says thanks for asking.

:paw

That's good news. :yay

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

HI Bucky, I hope your side is feeling better!!!! :( :( :(

sending sloppy kissies to you!!!! :kiss2 :kiss2

Lubs, Rainey Girl :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway