Cricket....dansin Patti

Guest jettcricket

Guest jettcricket

Surely the heavens must be full by now....so much sadness...so many heavy hearts.

When will they ever find a cure for this awful monster called cancer?

My bunny....my baby girl left us on Monday with me, my DH and her Auntie Pat by her side. She put up a damn good fight....9 1/2 months living with osteo without amputation. I didn't think that she'd make it past Halloween, but she proved everyone wrong. She was my miracle girl, my fighter.

My DH would say to me, "Look at her...she don't take her eyes off of you" and she didn't. I'd be putzing around the back room and she'd watch me with so much love in her eyes. I adored her as she adored me...she was my girlie, girl. My second foster that I knew wasn't leaving.

There will never be another girl like my Cricket. My vivacious yappy girl..the Queen of the M & Gs - my Tom boy.

I told a good friend over the weekend I feel like a generation of these dogs are dying. When I first became involved with this most wonderful breed almost 9 years ago all of our pups were young...now so many are leaving us. I know it's the cycle of life, but it still is so sad. There are ours but for a short time.

Be a good girl and keep those boys straight at the bridge sweetie...till we meet again.

I love you and we will miss you more than words can say. :beatheart

Picture044.jpg

DaveCricket012.jpg

Miscpics063.jpg

Our last Dewey together taken in 2007...

roomates-11.jpg

Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high.

There's a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue.

And the dreams that you dare to dream

Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far Behind me.

Where troubles melt like lemon drops, Away above the chimney tops.

That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere, over the rainbow, bluebirds fly. Birds fly over the rainbow,

Why then - oh, why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow,

Why, oh, why can't I?

Edited by jettcricket

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda- Holly emailed me this morning and I just sat there dumbfounded looking at the screen shaking my head, tears free falling.

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

The heavens are shining brightly with a new star named Cricket.

My heart breaks along with yours.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm sorry. Knew this day was coming, and know that doesn't help at all. Gentle hugs.

Godspeed, lovely girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very sorry. I followed the threads of both of your pups travails. It is so obvious how much they were loved and they knew it. May you find peace. Hugs to your family and to Dave.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Cricket.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry. What a sweet face she had.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson