Silly Savannah

ElizabethGPAPS

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything about your lovely tribute brought tears to my eyes. That she left you so suddenly, with no time for you to be emotionally prepared, the legacy of Greyhound ambassadorship she leaves, these words---"she always tried so hard not to be any trouble." And those meltingly beautiful eyes.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Savannah.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm sorry, Elizabeth.

Godspeed, lovely girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for your loss,

Godspeed Savannah

f_yellow

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I am so sorry for your loss. Savannah had such a sweet face and those eyes looking up.... just irresistable! She sounds like she embraced life and was a very special girl. May all those wonderful memories of her bring you comfort and smiles.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am so sorry for your loss, but what a lovely exit for her. One minute feeling fine, the next, off to the Bridge! I have only had one dog die (in his sleep) at home, but I was so glad for him.

You must have felt quite helpless, and you must miss her terribly. :bighug

She looks sooo much like Renie .. but in fact she shares ancestry with my old Susan, through Burnpark Lass, who was great-grandmother to them both. :wub: Both Renie and Susan are at the Bridge now, so maybe they'll meet up.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys
Savannah was a big girl, and despite great speed was retired from racing at an early age for interfering - a hobby that she carried into her old age, running down slower dogs at playgroup and shoulder-slamming them with a big tongue-lolling grin.

It's not often you can read a thread in Remembrance and chuckle, but I just did.

GOD SPEED Savannah, you blessed the world with your presents and helped many greys find their forever home.

:angelwings:gh_run:angelwings

What a sweety she was....I am happy you and her had such a long wonderful life together.

Run free sweety, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.