If You Would, Please....update Post 23

Guest RiverCityGang

Guest greyt2love

Caesar is at the vets right now and I am waiting for a call to hear the results of his examination. I came home from work and Caesar did not come downstairs, nor did Marlee. I went upstairs and the bedroom door was pushed shut. I opened it and my heart almost stopped. Blood was everywhere and Caesar was under the bed, only his back end visible. And I couldn't see him beathing. As soon as I steeled myself for the worst, I got down and checked. His was breathing, so I pulled him out as gently as I could. His leg is bloody and very swollen, he has some small lacerations. and his head and ears are bloody. I knew I had no option but to carry him downstairs and get him in the car and to the vet. I was so afraid I would hurt him more, but there was no one here so I had no choice but to wrap him up and lift him to carry him to the car.

I called the vet and told them I was bringing him in and they were waiting for me and helped carry him in.

His swollen leg scared me, but the blood in his ears scared me more. The vet thinks it is from lacerations and not internal damage, but all I can think is if he was under the bed and had a seizure he may have been banging his head against the bed frame or box springs. He has some bruising and contusions on his belly and back legs, but not sure what is causing the swelling . His mouth is bleeding, his legs are bleeding, his ears are bleeding. I'm scared for my boy.

He had another seizure as I was wrapping him in a blanket, and another in the examining room, so they put an IV in to medicate him to get those stopped and also for pain and to put him out so he can be examined. So now I am waiting to hear. Please send up a good thought or a prayer for him to come through this okay.

He's my special boy, quiet and reserved, and I can't stand to see him hurting like this....

Edited by greyt2love

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG Deb, I think I would have had a heart attack. What a terrible experience for both of you. Lots of prayers coming from here. Please let us know what the vet has to say.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest ChancesMom

Deb I am reading this through tears. I will be praying that he is ok. I can only imagine how you must feel right now. If you need to talk to some one PM me with your number and I'll give you a call. Hugs to you for now.

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

OMG! I would have been hysterical. Lots of prayers and good thoughts for Caesar. I hope it looks worse than it is.

:candle :candle :candle

Deb, we are saying prayers for Caesar. Sending strength to you. We are here if you need us, just shout. :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Lots of warm healing thoughts go out to Caesar

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh no Deb, I hope the vet is able to clean him up quickly and check him over to give you good news - we have all had enough bad news this week and it is only Tuesday. I am so glad you were able to get him out from under the bed and down the stairs, I can only imagine that you are running on straight adrenalin right now and will be ready to come unglued sometime soon. Sending lots of prayers and white light for your sweet boy. Please keep us updated. Hugs and scritches.

Oh Deb I'm so sorry! :ohno That must have been terrifying and utterly heart-wrenching to come back home to. Poor Caesar... let's hope the vet can figure out what happened and that he will recover quickly from this.

Sending lots of hugs and good thoughts your way, and keeping my fingers crossed for your boy :goodluck:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

:grouphug :grouphug We're thinking of you!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

OMG how frightening. Please update as soon as you can. We are all praying for your boy.

Hugs to you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh Deb I am hoping and praying He is okay. I can only imagine how horrifying and terrifying this must be. I will be waiting for an update and you have to know how much we all care.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest greyt2love

Well, the news is encouraging. Caesar had more seizures since I left the office so he is on a drip for that. But, he is sleeping quietly right now, so hopefully they have broken the cycle. His ear is torn and will need repaired and he will lose part of it. He has some deep punctures, but nothing that require emergency surgery, so they are not doing anythng to him tonight but keeping him quiet. His leg is not broken and there are no broken blood vessels. Right now, the vet does not feel he will even need a drain for that. Tomorrow they will reassess, and then Thursday moring do any surgery he needs and I should be able to bring him home Thursday evening.

I do not want to be pessimistic, but he is on such high levels of seizure meds on a daily basis - the highest in my vets practice - that sometimes Dr. W says the seizures can't be stopped because there is a tolerance to the meds. At that point, I would have a decision to make. Tonight I am not going there. Caesar will have a good , quiet night, and I will bring him home Thursday and take a vacation day Friday to have a long weekend with him.

Thank you all for your prayers, good thoughts, and support. Donna, right now I am busy cleaning up the blood and doing laundry from the bedroom and it's keeping me from dwelling too much on anything bad. I will keep your offer open for another day, if I may. I may need someone to talk to some point later !

Deb

Guest ChancesMom

I am so glad to hear that he is sleeping comfortably for tonight. I wish I were there to help you clean up. The offer is always open. I am going to PM you with my number and you can always call at any time. Continued prayers for you and Ceaser.