Annie Could Use A Prayer Or Two

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

At about 1:30am we were awakened by the GSOD by Annie. Her left ear has been degloved and is now at the vet to have them clean it up and fix what they can. It would seem that she got too close to Eric's sleep space and he might be the culprit :( She wouldn't let us touch it or clean it up, so they have to put her under and that is always scary!

We should know more in a couple of hours, we had to leave her at the vet... the poor thing! Any prayers or good thoughts you could send her way would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytbookert
Oh no, Annie! :ohno Sending good thoughts from here. :candle

Please let us know when you have any news, you must be so worried

I'm a wreck and so is DH! It's always scary when they get hurt but poor Annie has been through so much in her life that we just feel awful that this happened. It's also always scary when they go under but she's so scared and being 12 just makes me even more worried!

I know that they will take very good care of her and they'll call us right before they start to wake her up, so we can sit with her. I'm rambling, babbling, and just so worried for her! It looked so painful!

Oh poor Annie! :( I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her!! Please keep us posted...

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Winterwish

Oh no! poor Annie! Sending prayers and thoughts of healing for her. :gh_child how upsetting for all of you, :grouphug Thinking of Annie and sending get well soon wishes.

Guest greytbookert

Annie is resting at home now... they cleaned it up and treated it with some rub on antibiotic. She's still out of it but is doing alright. I feel so awful for her. :(

Here are some photos: They are kind of graphic, so not for the very squimish

my poor baby girl!

100_2371.jpg

100_2370.jpg

and in recovery

100_2373.jpg

Unfortunately, I know exactly how you are feeling right now. I came home one day to find Gizzy with her ear degloved.

Here is the original condition:

DSC03242.jpg

During recovery feeling very sad for herself:

DSC03562.jpg

Now, two years later all healed up! It was a lengthy process getting the ear to heal. She to go back in to surgery since part of the "flap" had healed over on itself and the vets were worried about it forming a pocket for infection to grow. She even has had some of the hair grow back on parts of the ear now, and it does not bother her in the least. The very tip is folded back, but we don't even notice it anymore. She is still just as beautiful to us!

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

So be strong, and be patient - this may take some time to heal, but it WILL heal.

Keeping Annie in my prayers,

Hugs,

Carol Ann

P.S. We actually found the removed skin layer rolled up on the living room carpet! Unfortunately they could not reattach it.

Edited by cello

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest LindsaySF

Ouch! Poor Annie. :( That skin there is so fragile, it doesn't take much.

I'm glad she came through anesthesia ok. I hope she heals up soon.

Teagan is sleep and space aggressive too, so I know how you feel. He always sleeps muzzled, especially because the other dogs don't always respect his space.