Holly

vjgrey

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh - how sad. I am so sorry.

Run free forever sweet sweet little girl.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

That's heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. :f_pink :f_pink

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

For those of you who feel you have the right to lay blame with the owner for not just sending her home, how about some compassion? She raised this dog from a pup and I'm sure she is more upset than anyone. Shame on you for judging and making things even harder than they already are. Very nice.

I hope this wasn't directed to me. I've certainly don't blame Erin. What happened was a tragic accident, and it's something that could've happened even while Holly was waiting for a hauler to come home.

When I said "she would've been on her way to Oklahoma," I was just voicing the "what ifs" that have been running through my head. There's a scene in the film Benjamin Button where he runs through all of the tiny little circumstances that had to line up for an accident to occur. If this woman hadn't had to spend five minutes looking for her keys; if this person hadn't stopped to answer the phone, etc. . . I think it's a natural part of grieving to wonder how we might've prevented a tragedy, even where, as here, there was probably nothing anyone could've done.

If it did sound judgmental, I apologize. Knowing how much this has hurt DH and me, never having met Holly, I can't imagine what Erin must be feeling.

Thank you all very much for the kind thoughts.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

We certainly know how you feel.

holly's brother Eli had to be put down for some reasons I will never get into.

but..it is heart renching just the same.

At least Holly and Eli can play at the bridge.

In loving Memory of: 

Chip, Wendell, Tessa, Moose, Moody, Noble Storm, Thunder, Gracie, Duke

Guest owenkennels
For those of you who feel you have the right to lay blame with the owner for not just sending her home, how about some compassion? She raised this dog from a pup and I'm sure she is more upset than anyone. Shame on you for judging and making things even harder than they already are. Very nice.

I hope this wasn't directed to me. I've certainly don't blame Erin. What happened was a tragic accident, and it's something that could've happened even while Holly was waiting for a hauler to come home.

When I said "she would've been on her way to Oklahoma," I was just voicing the "what ifs" that have been running through my head. There's a scene in the film Benjamin Button where he runs through all of the tiny little circumstances that had to line up for an accident to occur. If this woman hadn't had to spend five minutes looking for her keys; if this person hadn't stopped to answer the phone, etc. . . I think it's a natural part of grieving to wonder how we might've prevented a tragedy, even where, as here, there was probably nothing anyone could've done.

If it did sound judgmental, I apologize. Knowing how much this has hurt DH and me, never having met Holly, I can't imagine what Erin must be feeling.

Thank you all very much for the kind thoughts.

It was not at all directed towards you..there was another post that she was talking about. Cathie....thank you so much for sticking up for me. It just kills me to have to tell someone that the pup they have watched grow all this time is not coming home. Unfortunatley luck has been bad for us this week and we lost two preadoptive pups this week....so I am just at my wits end. This was a tragic happening that could have happened to any dog. I am so sorry Valerie. Run free sweet Holly!

Guest wmlcml6

I'm sorry you thought I directed that at you. It wasn't meant that way at all.

Erin, many hugs for you. I hope things look up for you and the pups from from this point forward. Sounds like you are due for some happy news and good luck.

Edited by wmlcml6

I'm so sorry for everyone who loved that sweet baby. You have fun at the bridge baby girl. :gh_bow

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

My condolences to everyone who loved this precious girl. What a heartbreaking tragedy. Run free, sweetheart.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Valerie - I'm so sorry, this is heartbreaking.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest alf7199

I am so sorry about Holly. You can see in her eyes that she was loved. You can see into her soul and know that she felt the love of her family even though you were far away, love knows no distance and know that now she is an angel that will remain with you forever until you can play at the bridge together.

Run Free Sweet Holly!

:f_white:f_white:f_white

I am so sorry. Godspeed beautiful Miss Holly. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.