Results Of Misty's Acth Stim Test

Misty was in yesterday for her Stim test and the vet just called with the results. We still do not have the Cushings under control so now the plan is giving her the Lysodren 3x a week.

We'll do this for 4 weeks then test again.

I can't help wondering if this will ever end and will we ever get in under control?

Misty has had a lot of support here, as have I, so thank you everyone!

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

You know we are behind you and Misty. I hope every day that this will be under control and you won't have to worry so much. I know you will still worry but an improvement would be good. Poor Misty. Give that sweetie a gentle hug from me and the gang here in Kentucky.

Claudia, I wish you had it under control. It's frustrating. I hope you have a better answer in 4 weeks, in the meantime, hugs to you and Miss Misty! You know how I feel about her.

Guest greydogluvr

It sounds like you are on the right track. A little at a time. It is better this way than to have another crisis. This has been some process but Misty is one strong, determined, feisty girl. Hang in there, both of you. Continued positive thoughts coming your way.

Oh, Claudia, this has been such a long haul for you and Misty. I know you'll do whatever it takes for your girl, I just wish you could get a big bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Sending hugs and good thoughts to both of you.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

How very frustrating. Misty we love you beautiful.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I know there are two drugs for Cushings, the Lysodren and Trilostane. I don't know Misty's complete history but I was just given the info on a newly approved Veterinary Trilostane (Vetoryl) that does not have to be compounded. They say it should be available by the end of January.

Just thought I would pass this along.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Misty is one tough cookie. I hope increasing the medication will get things under control. :goodluck Sounds like it's a very delicate balancing act. Give Misty a hug and a kiss from us. :kiss2

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Claudia, I am so sorry.

Hmmm Wonder if Ekko has to threaten to eat those out of wack things and get Misty all better. :dunno

:bighug to you and always :kiss2 to Misty

I'm sorry Claudia. I know how much you were hoping for different results. Continued prayers for your girl and hugs to you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I know there are two drugs for Cushings, the Lysodren and Trilostane. I don't know Misty's complete history but I was just given the info on a newly approved Veterinary Trilostane (Vetoryl) that does not have to be compounded. They say it should be available by the end of January.

Just thought I would pass this along.

Thank you for passing this along. Trilostane is already being used and with excellent results.The drug is only available from England and a lot of people using it here in the states are having it compounded as the price difference is huge. The Lysodren is a human drug and also extremely expensive.

We're just not ready to give up on the Lysodren yet. Misty's test results did come back a "little" better so we're on the right track but just not there yet.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest ChancesMom

Claudia, I was certainly hoping for better news today. Yes, it will get better. We have to all just continue to send positive thoughts and prayers your way. You know I am always here if you need to talk. Please give her hugs from all of us here and especially Chance. He is packing his bags to come snuggle with her because he does not like the cold weather we are having here and he misses his forever lub. He says if he could cuddle with her that she would get better riteawayqwik.

Ok...while this is a bummer...here's where we go from here...next test...everything will be totally under control!!!! Here me Miss Misty??? Don't make me come over there! Kiss the pretty and happy girl for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.