Ante Up Annie 4/16/01 - 1/3/09

Guest wmlcml6

Guest wmlcml6

It is with almost unbearable sadness that I do this thread for our Annie. I cannot find the words to do justice for such a unique exceptional being, so I won't even try yet. However, I've had so many people asking about her that I wanted to post something.

The pain in Annie's shoulder was osteo. This has been the most difficult thing Bill and I have ever experienced -- to see a dog so full of life change within days to one resigned to her pain, and knowing a decision had to be made for her rather than for us. Jenn and I met with Dr. Hightman at 9:00 a.m. this morning, and it was as peaceful as this final act can be.

Annie loved laying in the sun, and getting dirty, so when yesterday started out overcast I began to pray for sun. We wanted her to have a last sunbath. My prayer was answered early in the afternoon, and we all spent a couple of hours outside just relaxing. I know that it made her feel better.

IMG_0048.jpg

I don't think the finality of this and how much our lives will be affected has hit me fully yet, but we are doing the best we can right now. We cannot imagine our home without her, and I find myself very angry at the disease for taking her from us so young. I'm sure those of you who have been through this know the feeling, and my heart goes out to anyone who has had to suffer through a similar situation. It's absolutely heartwrenching.

Jenn, thank you so much for everything you did for us this morning. I could not have done it without you.

Marilyn, your emails have given me such strength and encouragement.

Hugs to both of you.

To those of you who privately asked about Annie, and offered your sympathy over the last few days, I appreciate you, too.

Annie had visits yesterday from Chris, Jenn and Anne, and I know that she appreciated the extra TLC. Annie never had any doubt that she was special and very much adored, and if you had the good fortune to spend any amount of time in her presence, you became a fan for life. She had more character and personality than any dog we have ever met.

Many pictures were taken over the last few days and those will be shared when Jenn and Anne get them edited.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support.

IMG_0017.jpg

We love you so much, Annie. I find comfort knowing that you will be whole again. I know that Rosebud will love having her mama with her.

Edited by wmlcml6

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlackandBrindle

Oh I'm so sorry :grouphug :grouphug

I hate cancer and what it does to these beautiful babies. I know your heart is broken but know that we all grieve with you :grouphug

Oh no! I am so very sorry. :cry1 Your lovely and precious girl had to leave much too soon.

Godspeed Annie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh Cathie, my heart is breaking for you. A huge hug to you and Bill and Jenn. I'm so glad she was with you when the time came. Godspeed sweet Annie. There are so many beautiful angels waiting to greet you at the bridge.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Annie. Take comfort in knowing that your sweet girl is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind. We all share your sorrow.

I do hate cancer! It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest mom2greys

I have known for a couple of days, but it hasn't made it any easier seeing her name in this thread. :cry1

I always show Alyssa any new Mama Annie pics, and I showed her those pics from 2 days ago. She immediately asked about the boo boo on her shoulder, and it was so hard to tell her that Annie was sick. I think she felt better knowing that she would be in Heaven with her Rosebud.

I have said many times that we are so proud to have one of Annie's sweet babies to love.

Cathie, Bill, Chris, Jenn, and to all of those who were touched by this special Mama Girl... we are so very sorry. :cry1

Edited by mom2greys

Oh no. I'm so sorry, Cathie and Bill. My heart goes out to you, Coach, Jenn, and all Annie's loving friends.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Cathie, somehow I missed reading about Annie's illness until now. I am sooooo sorry for your loss.

Big hugs to all of you.

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

i'm so sorry to read this about annie. she is indeed a beautiful girl.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

:cry1f_yellow I'm so sorry you've lost your beautiful Annie so soon. Hugs going out to you and everyone who knew and loved Annie. :grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest GiJenn51

This morning was really really hard. :cry1 :cry1 Pulling up to the house to pick up Cathie and Annie one last time. She was a truly beautiful girl and even better is that she knew it. Her ears were always perfect.

Run pain free sweet baby angel. Watch over your Mama Caffie and Daddy Bill. Give our angels a smooch. :gh_run

Ya know, usually I sit here and weep for dogs I've never met. But I've met Annie - loved on her, shared a bed with her, admired her beauty, adored her.

Weeping with you, Cathie & Bill, Chris & Jenn, and all others who knew & loved this very special lady.

f_yellowf_yellow f_yellow

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest multigrey

f_yellow

Cathie and Bill.....I wish there were words that would make this easier for you both but there are not. This is the most difficult path we walk with our kids. Just know that the greyhound community reaches out to you with love and concern.

Godspeed, Annie.....