Another Hello From Virginia Beach

Guest Cricket

Guest Cricket

Hi there, and Happy New Year! I've visited GT from time to time and have always found this forum a wonderful source of information. Well, I've decided to de-lurk today, so here it goes.

I moved to Virginia Beach 4 months ago with a beautiful brindle girl, Cupcake. She is 4 years old and has a lot of puppy in her. We both love, love, love the beach. It is a blessing to have my lively greyhound friend in my life. She came into my life through Greyhound Welfare in November of '07. We bonded right away because she likes to have a good time as much as I do. We have truly learned a lot from each other. For example, she has taught me that one can be both fashionable and warm. Anyone in Virginia Beach last night knows exactly what I am talking about. We were both bundled up, and as usual, Cupcake got many more complements on her coat than I did.

Cupcake is a good girl. She enjoys zipping around in the current fashion, tossing squeaky stuffies, and she does an impressive "Leave it." Cupcake enjoys aromatherapy and looks forward to her nightly bedtime stories. Her New Year's Resolution is to eliminate counter surfing completely (as opposed to merely not getting caught counter surfing).

Well, this is my intro. Hope it wasn't tmi.

I am very happy to have found GT.

Cricket

Aha! Welcome 'Cricket'....you finally did show yourself! Now let's see some cute photos of cupcake!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:wave:welcome2

Hi! Davis and I are new to VA Beach too - just in the last month. I've had my guy for 16 months now...what a joy he is!

If you go to virginiagreyhounds.com you can find out where the Meet-N-Greets are & you can get together with other greyts and their parents.

Rebecca and Manny

Guest Cricket

Thank you kindly for a greyt welcome! Ya'all are a friendly bunch.

Pictures forthcoming as soon as I locate the camera. That should be my New Year's Resolution - unpacking the camera.

Now I truly have motivation to learn to download and upload. Hopefully it's just a matter of connecting a cable, doing a file save, and then following the instructions here. Charlies_Dad, you may have to walk me through the process, but only if I get stuck. Your pictures here are really good! LOL at your "Aha!"

Grey Karma, I am off of Shore Drive on the Cape Henry Trail. We call it the Cape Cupcake Trail because of all the time we spend on it. What part of the beach do you call home?

Rebeccamcl!!! You are the reason I de-lurked in the first place. I read your intro and said, "Well if Rebecca can do it, than so can I." I'm on my way to your Intro / Bio thread this instant to say hello. Then it's off to find the Canon...

Edited by Cricket

Welcome from Alberta Canada!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Cricket, I am in the College Park area. We have been here since 1986. I see you mentioned Burtonsville.......we came from Silver Spring MD.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Guest Cricket

GreyKarma & Tiggersmom, Cupcake came in with the Mexican Food Group Greyhounds in Winter of '07.

Her Greyhound Welfare name was Tortilla. We used to attend Burtonsville and Ellicott City Meet & Greets.

We also popped in at Takoma Park last spring or summer. There's a picture of me, but not Cupcake, at my website.

I'll do my best to get a Cupcake picture up today.

Everyone, thank you for the very nice welcome. Ya'all make the newbies feel at home here.

Cricket

Edited to add I could not add my website to my profile, so I'll put it here temporarily.

It's www.swissandsavvy.myarbonne.com

Edited by Cricket

:welcome2 Hi and welcome from Southern California!! Can't wait to see pictures of Cupcake.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound