Something's Wrong With Merlin This Morning

I'm worried about Merlin. He had a very gurgly tummy this morning - I wondered whether it might be because I fed him less last night (he's had v bad diarrhea recently) and late this morning. I fed him, he seemed very hungry, and the gurgling has stopped. However, he seems restless. He left the couch and went to his bed on the floor. Then he got up and came back to the couch, arching his back.

His gums are normal. No vomiting, attempts to eliminate, or anything like that. I just always worry about bloat... he has been lying on his bed for the last 5 minutes and he seems ok, but I am nervously monitoring his behavior.

I know this is vague, sorry. I am just worried. :(

Edited by merlinsmum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest FrostyBottoms

Do you have any Tums? This happened to Frosty once in the middle of the night after dh gave her a piece of steak that was seasoned with garlic.....Feel better Merlin!

How much did you give her? I think I have some Tums pills somewhere.

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Did Merlin get into anything and possibly ingested anything?

I agree Tums might help settle his tummy. We have used these in the past successfully. Usually we have given two and then monitored.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thank you!.... he's still on his bed in front of the pellet stove, seems to be falling asleep and he is on his side now so he's more relaxed than he was before. Phew... I'll monitor and if he gets restless again I'll give him a couple of Tums... I hope I have some in the house because we've been hit by the first snow of the season and it's snowing heavily out there.

Thanks for your help!

This is EXACTLY what Beau has been going through for a week. A guggly stomach that I can hear across the room. he goes out in the back and stays there forever even in the pouring rain.

I brought him into the vet yesterday. She did say there was a virus going around. he got a shot, a rectal exam, had his poop tested. All was OK.

Today -- SAME THING! She said to give him pedcid morning and at night till Tuesday and if by then, it's still happening, we should do flagyl 250 BID.

Hope Merlin has a dumb bug that will pass quickly!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greyscot

Hope Merlin is feeling better. Sporty gets a sore tummy for no apparant reason sometimes. Next day he is usually fine, I just feed him lightly for a day. When did you get Sagan? I haven't been on Greytalk much recently and it looks like I've missed a lot!!! He looks gorgeous by the way. Congratulations.

Guest argolola

Sending prayers for your sweet boy. When Lola had a gurgly tummy, it was hookworms. She picked it up from walking in a doggie "bathroom" area.

Please keep us posted on how he's feeling.

Oh Robin, poor Beau. I wonder if Merlin has a bug, their symptoms are quite similar. He pooped VERY little this morning... I put it down to the fact that I fed him less last night, but I have been worried about his stools for a week... I just don't know what else to try, they have been sooo bad. I might take him to the vet this week if things don't improve. He got de-wormed in late summer, and had a fecal exam very recently, all was fine...

Hey Janette! :wave Nice to hear from you again! We've had Sagan a month now. How's the gorgeous Sporty? I haven't had my fix in a while and I think we need more pictures... ;):rules:shakefinger

Sending hugs and prayers for Merlin. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest HoustonGreys
:grouphug:hope Thinking of Merlin and sending many hugs and prayers that he will be fully recovered very soon. I guess one good thing about being old --- we ALWAYS have Tums in the house! :lol

Guest FrostyBottoms

checking in on sweet Merlin....Hey Merlin...my tummy hurts too...dh made biscuits & gravy for breakfast....i really can't take all that grease with out a gall bladder anymore....

~Miss Jeannie who needs to borrow some Tums from Merlin.

Oh Nooooo! Merlin get better and don't scare your momma. I swear I worry more about the hounds then I did my kids ... well it's been a long time since they were kids.

Keeping you and Merlin in my thoughts today,

Charla

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

Tumtumtum-tums to the rescue! How's Merlin doing? :getwell

Feel better soon, Big Guy!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest greyt2love

Oh,just seeing this, Kerry. Is Merlin feeling any better this afternoon? I sure hope so ! Can't have our Wizard being sick !! For Merlin 5d92ea7d.gif

Don't let the snow get you down, sweetie !4ff711e7.gif

Kerry, how's our boy??

Does not sound like bloat--we actually lost a dog to bloat, and he had VERY dramatic symptoms. I suppose there are subtle cases, but I think it sounds like a minor upset. I'd use Pepcid or something like that over Tums, although Tums ARE tasty! I know if I have bad acid indigestion, Tums only make me feel better for a brief period of time, if at all.

I have to tell you, George NEVER had a normal poo in 18 months. Then he went on the 'roids for 2 weeks (the vet described the dose as "cat sized,") for the itching, and all the sudden--bouncy poops! It's been six weeks, and his poos are STILL normal. Hmmmmmm.

I'm feeding him Solid Gold Mmillenium. (beef and barley)

Edited by JumpingGeorge

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck