Willie

Guest greydogluvr

Guest greydogluvr

It has been one whirlwind of a week. My precious, shy boy, Willie was restless on Monday night. On Tuesday he was not using his right front leg. He was dragging it and crying when he tried to get up. Needless to say he was at the e vet within the hour. X rays revealed a small lesion on his humerus. The radiologist viewed the films and confirmed my suspicions and my worst fear. Additionally, I sent the films to Dr. Couto, my vet and had a consult with an oncologist. All agreed that it looks like EARLY osteo. Willie is now on Tramadol which is controlling the pain and is on 50 mg Artiminisin, 2x per day. He is his normal self, chattering his teeth and wagging his tail.

On Tuesday we return to the oncologist for a bone scan and ultrasound to determine if he has lesions else where. The surgeon and the radiologist at the cancer center reviewed his chest x ray and gave him a physical exam to see if he is a candidate for amputation. All appears good from these stand points. Once the bone scan is completed, and if no other bone lesions are present we will proceed with the amputation. The oncologist is going to contact Dr. Couto and is willing to administer the Chemo from OSU. This is the first experience I have had with this office. They were recommended by my regular vet. I was please to see many greyhound pictures on the wall of previous and current clients. I even saw a grey while I was waiting. This all seems so unreal.

Thank you so much to Claudia and RobinM for their support during this crazy time. I was not ready to post until now and have been in contact with both of them. I am so glad I will not have to go through this alone this time. This is my third osteo and because of Greytalk I feel like I am so much more knowledgeable and ready to take this horrible beast head on. Any prayers would be so much appreciated.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Lora, I know what this is doing to you, it breaks my heart. And to know that Willie just started to come out of his shell and now this. You've got the best support system in the world here. I was impressed with your experience at Tustin and glad that Dr C will also be in your corner. I'm here if you need anything and please know that you and handsome Willie will be in my prayers. Your strong Lora, you'll handle this and be there for Willie as will we all

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry. Hug Willie for me. My prayers and white light. I am so glad that you have all of us here for your support system. Please try and rest...the days ahead will be very hectic for you both. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. :cry1 I am sending lots of good thoughts, strength and support your way.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Oh, this is just heartbreaking! Many prayers :hope for Willie and constant support to you, Lora.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm sorry. Hugs to Willie. I hope everything goes well, and that he has a lot of good time ahead of him.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)