Time To Say Goodbye To Sexton

Guest Bethf03

Guest Bethf03

Well I am saying my last goodbyes to Sexton, and watching him sleep here in the room with me. Its time to say Goodbye and put him to sleep today @3pm, he is slowly going down hill. Had him on Tramydal, he has gotten very stoic, lethargic. Its not the same Sexton anymore. My husband is having a hard time with it. (and wont talk to me about it). I have been talking to several people, Vicki @ MSAG, whom I really trust, and she feels like I do. Its that time.. I have been crying all morning and driving home from work.. I plan on going in with him so he's not alone. I know thats going to be hard. I'll ask them to give him a sedative 1st.

This is my 1st greyhound, we have had him for 5 years and the 1st dog I have ever had to put to sleep. He has been through a lot with us. Moving across country, living in a hotel until our house was ready to move in. bring in another grey, (our one & only Unique). I am so glad that we have Unique now, I hope by having her will help heal the broken heart :weep I've had great time with Sexton, he's a trooper and he'd stay around longer if we would let him, But I really feel that its time for him to go on to Doggy Heaven where he will no longer have the pain of bone cancer, taking meds everyday.

so long my dearest friend and little buddy. We will deeply miss you, but will always have a fond and warm place in our hearts and mind for you. :weep:weep you are truly loved..

Beth, Jerry & Unique

IMG_0913.jpg

Picture013-1.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

My thoughts are with you and Sexton at this sad time :grouphug .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I am so sorry. Why is the ultimate gift so hard?

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

:cry1:grouphug:f_whitef_yellow

Such a beautiful boy and he brought you so much love and joy. I'm so terribly sorry about your loss.

gallery_17468_3098_7486.jpg
Dash (Mega Batboy), & forever missing Kipper (RD's Kiper, 2006-2015) & Souldog Dune (Pazzo Otis, 1994-2008)
"..cherish him and give him place with yourself for the rest of his but too short life. It is his one drawback. He should live as long as his owner."
James Matheson, The Greyhound: Breeding, Coursing, Racing, etc., 1929

I am so sorry. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry. The final act of love is very hard. May your beautiful memories bring you peace and comfort.

Run free, sweet Sexton.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

What a courageous and loving gift to set Sexton free of his pain. May you feel the warmth of those here with you during today and the days to follow.

You are not alone on this journey. Run free Sexton.

:f_white

I'm very sorry :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!