Just Say A Little Prayer...

Guest KyGrey

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VelvetEars

You've been on my mind a lot lately. I'm so sorry to hear about Lee. It's just not fair when the body wears out. I'm glad you're getting a harness - if it doesn't work, let me know and I can send you Jane's. The beach towel is also very workable. Takes some practice, but it gets easier the more you do it.

Is he on pred? Would it help if he were? (I don't know - just thinking of things they did with Jane.)

I'm sure Lee feels like quite the King, getting to go to "camp" every day to be doted on by his loyal subjects! :lol

Call me if you need to talk.

What a sweet face. I'm glad he has a sitter during the day who loves on him. Sending more prayers for your boy.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

I'm just seeing this since I have not been on Greytalk for a few days. I will keep you and Lee in my prayers.

Mindy

Mom to Max (grey), Buttermilk (grey) and Winston (iggy) and Skinkids, Ally and Ben! In loving memory of Angels Chelsey(Weim), whom we lost on August 26, 2004, Majestic(Chow) on November 20, 2005, on October 5, 2007, we lost Natasha(lab mix), and on May 28, 2009 we lost our greyhound Ike born 7/31/2005 You were too young to go!!!! We lost Monte(Whippet) on September 23, 2009. We miss you all!

Patti, I sent the harness via FedEx this morning, so look for it on Thursday or Friday afternoon. I hope it helps!

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

How nice to get "a low five" from your sweet old man. Oh, Lee, I think I know how that feels!

Continued prayers that he feels better and better.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest VelvetEars

I got a call from Patti tonight - unfortunately I missed her call so she left me a msg. The sitters had called her to come because Lee wasn't able to stand, and it wasn't looking good. I have not heard anything from her since then - i know they were headed to the vet as soon as she got there. Please keep them both in your prayers.

Edited by VelvetEars

Guest VelvetEars

they're back...sort of. He's going to stay w/ some friends to minimize the transfers in/out of the car and not incur the stress of hospital stays.. He's not able to stand still. She's not giving up on him.

I'm sure Patti will be back on soon to update.

Many prayers for Lee and Patti. Sending healing white light from FL to KY. :candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:candle:hope:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest ChancesMom

Patti, I am so sorry that I am just seeing this and I am sorry that we never set up that play date we talked about so that I could meet this special boy in person. Just know that you and Lee are both in my prayers. I can not imagine what you must be going through.

Donna

{{{{{{{{{{Patti & Lee}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Patti says he's stable, but not doing well. Lee ate some shaved turkey, and he had his pills. He's pretty well sedated at this time. She'll try to get update tonight, otherwise in the morning when she heads over there. He ate a good breakfast, but doesn't want much to eat now.

Her friend watches Lee for her when she's at work, but in his present condition, it's too hard for him to be transported. He's lost most function of his back legs. They are great people, and have lots of greys of their own. They are retired, so they can spend the extra time and effort to care for him when Patti works. I know that Patti is beyond grateful for them, and I'm so happy that she has help down there.

We have hope for Lee that he may recover, but the vet cautioned Patti not to get her hopes up. I know that Patti is grateful for every moment that she has with Lee Lee, and we'll continue to pray for them all. Patti and I both believe in miracles, and if anyone's prayers can make that happen, it's GTers'.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

:hope :hope :hope Prayers for Lee and Patti

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie