So Far No Luck Wth Eating- Day 4

RobinM

So glad she ate something for you.

I hope the granola bars aren't your only breakfast item -- would hate to think of you having to eat her Tripett. <== Batmom lame attempt at humor to make you smile for just a sec.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Robin, I don't know if Polli will like this. When we have sick pups without appetite I make a modified beef stew using beef cubes, potatotes, carrotts & some Gravy Master added to the broth. Sometimes I blend it to make it easy to swallow, sometimes just serve it warm when everything is cooked and they like to chew on the meat. It usually works like a charm to get their attention and they usually eat at least a good portion of it. Then I start adding the stew on top of the kibble until they are eating their normal food.

Hugs to you and Polli. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest Bethf03

Im not sure, but hope all goes well at the vet today.. just keep tryin...... :grouphug

maybe a cookie? :cookie

Picture016.jpg

Edited by Bethf03

Something is better than nothing. :) Keep working with your vet until you find the right anti-nausea medications...there is something out there that will help her (and you!). :goodluck

Guest PiagetsMom

Just have to ask.......Polli ate while you were elsewhere, right? I come back to this because as I mentioned before, Piaget can be a stubborn girl sometimes for me, especially when I really want or need her to do something. For instance, I have a heck of a time getting her to do her business before bed......she will literally just stand there and ignore me in the yard while I encourage her to do so - and we can do this for as long as I'm willing to stand there and watch her ignore me. But, she goes without any hesitation for DH every time. Needless to say, he's inherited the last out before bed if he's home.

I hate to give them too much credit, but when you described Polli with her food buffet in front of her and looking the other way, it just reminded me of the war of the wills that Piaget and I sometimes have......I beg, I cajole, and it's almost like, "If it's that important to you, I'm not doing it". :rolleyes:

Again, I know Polli's got the stomach/chemo issues going on, so I'm sure that's a lot of it, but maybe there's a little bit of the other going on, too? Maybe the suggestion someone else had of putting Polli somewhere in the evenings where the food can't be a temptation for the others, laying it all out there on her towel, and then going about your evening/night would work?

Edited by PiagetsMom

Wishing you and Polli a better day today. I know eating has been hard but I am concerned about her fluid intake. I went back through the posts but could not find anything. Sometimes people use Pedialyte instead of water. Your Vet may also carry Enteral care a liquid food. Sorry about your kitchen spill, that extra stress you did not need.

Thank you. Fluid intake has not been a problem, she is drinking plenty of water.

We just got back from the vet. She had blood drawn, just in case... Chloe had her T4 done too. It was the girls morning out!

She is holding at 53 pounds since Monday, somehow!!! YAY.

She got a shot of cerenia and we are going to take it one day at a time.

When we got home she ate 4 chicken jerky strips.

Batmom- I actually bought the granola bars for her!!! No tripett for me! It's enough I have to sleep with it ground into my sheets!!!! :eek

The things we do for love.....

Day 5......

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

glad to hear HRH decided to eat something! I know how frustrating it is, I DID put my fist through the wall :rolleyes: well, ok, it just dented the wall, didn't go all the way through, I'm not that strong, but that was surely my intent!

Since she does eventually eat, I'm still thinking upset stomach, so I hope the anti-nausea meds start working soon :candle

What PiagetsMom said was just booming in my head, too! Maybe she's not eating while you're watching 'cause you're making her nervous with your own stress, or just because you're watching? If you lay out the food like you don't care, and leave, maybe she'll eat on her own. If you can make sure no one else is eating it when you're not looking, then you'll have a better idea of what's actually being consumed.

Good luck with all this! How incredibly frustrating/scary!! :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Eat Polli eat Polli eat eat eat

MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm foodie num nums :chow

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose