Rapid Shallow Breathing & Other Symptoms

I think Bell has given up. She won't get out of bed, won't eat, drinks a little water and pees and that's it. If only she would eat. Looking at her makes me cry. I tried a salmon patty, McDonalds, a hot dog, deli turkey, pasta, pizza-- everything this morning, she won't even lift her head to sniff any of it. Our regular vet isn't in today but the other vet from the practice is going to call me in half an hour. I am going to try to get an appetite stimulant like the one Robin got for Polli. I am afraid that if this doesn't change soon she is just going to go to sleep and not wake up. I know she can get better if she would just eat.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having traveled that road with Angels Queenie and LaceyLaine~I know your every emotion. :grouphug Please try and eat sweetie girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh Melissa, I know how hard it is when they won't eat. I just about went out of my mind trying to get Emmy to eat anything. Nothing worked until I tried Nutritional Yeast and then she started eating well again. I've got you both in my prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:bighug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Bell ate a hamburger last night and seems a little more "alive" this morning. I think the Lasix was making her nauseated. I've cut back her Lasix dose to one right before bed and one in the late morning instead of 3 times a day to see if I can get her to eat more in the afternoons and evenings. Our vet had a sub in yesterday who was no help. Our regular vet should be in today and is going to call me about an anti-nausea med.

She is so thin I can pick her up, even as pregnant as I am. I am giving her little syringes full of Ensure every time I walk past her, just to get some calories in her. I know she feels better today because she ate some last night.

She also seems to really enjoy going on short little walks with me and Penny, it really lifts her spirits and seems to stimulate her appetite just a little. vet said no exercise but I am going to argue that eating is more important.

GOOD NEWS!! She just ate a quarter pound of cooked ground beef that DH hand fed her!! And licked the bowl!!

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

Sending more prayers this morning. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

You know her best, Melissa, so whatever works. I'm so glad she ate the hamburger.

Keeping you both in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Good job sweetie! Keep up the good work. As an added note...Lasix made our Angels Chelsea and Queenie nauseated. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg