Intro Updated - Thane's Real Name

macoduck

We measured the carpets

And checked all the floors

It seemed we did have

Room for one more!

The kennel knew I was thinking about adding another senior, so when the email came in about a 9.5 year old boy being returned due to marriage/new bride allergies/high maintenance - I was hooked sight unseen.

At the kennel he was a bit leery of all the new changes in his life and I had to bribe him with a cookie so show him not all women were "allergic" to him:

DSC03570.jpg

DH had planned to stay home with the dogs while I went to Dewey and that this was the perfect time to bring home the new guy. Finally he would have bonding time:

DSC03589_edited.jpg

Bonding time turned in to a trial-by-fire as the new guy got horribly sick with an intestinal virus while I was at Dewey. DH took good care of him and got him to the vet.

Gradually he caught on to our daily routine. He won't set foot in the living room - perhaps a rule from his past life.

He loves to explore the backyard:

DSC03578_edited.jpg

He's showing us a big smile and is wagging his tail more each day:

Thane.jpg

He has learned that DH gives out more treats than me and has taught Miss Pudge le mutt that although tiny, he can hold his own in the new pecking order here:

DSC03582.jpg

After considering assorted names changes, we've decided to keep his original one.

Welcome home Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), we love you too:

DSC03637.jpg

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Congratulations! Glad to hear that he is settling in nicely! What a smile!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

congrats (and happy Birfday!!!) :D he's adorable! :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest arlosmom

Hey, great introduction, I had seen some of your pics before but there were a few new ones in there. Arlo and Jewel would like to meet him very soon. Deb

Happy Mutual Birthday! And welcome home Thane! You are in good hands.

And a Happy Birthday to you too Susan!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greytbuds

To Thane's new family -- what a joy to see this post. I happened to be the volunteer at the kennel that took him in upon his return. He was understandably very frightened and confused by the change in his lifestyle. Bless you for taking him so quickly and for letting us see how happy he is now!

Greytbuds