Day 9-

RobinM

Polli did well last night. She didn't eat great but she ate. Prob 1/2 cup kibble 1/4 cup of wet and A LOT of boiled chicken breast. So I can not complain. I was told that a cancer patient needs to eat. Not to worry about what as long as there is a decent amount.

She seemed more comfortable last night and dare I say that when I was acting like my normal wack a doo self with Polli, I saw the beginning of a tail wag? Not completely, almost like testing to see if it worked. My heart soared. DH say, see I told you.

This morning when took her out back to pee and poop, her speed was noticably better and she did a tiny bit of explorating rather than pee/poop come right back in. She even tried to do one step, did it and then didn't want to. I offered her the steps again. She didn't want to. I said "OK, no problem" I picked her up, she came in and got her cookie -which she promptly dropped - and that is normal here too.

Day 9 looks like it's going to be a GREYT day!

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Yeah! Keep it up, Polli!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

From here on out, everything is going forward...it might be slow, but you're going forward!

I do remember all this with Dear, if I could just find anything for him to eat my day was complete...try Tripe!

Excellent news for the day!!! Way to go Polli!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

So glad to hear that Polli and Mommy are healing on the outside and on the inside. I'd bet for Polli, a lot of her progress from now on is going to come from confidence - every "new" step she takes is going to boost her confidence and give her the courage to try another new step. She's just trying to figure out how to do the "same old stuff" in the new body!

I don't know if your steps are skid-proof or not, Robin, but if she isn't sure-footed on the steps, or deck, or any other surface, maybe rubber matting or stick-on non-skid treads for steps, the deck, etc. might help.

You go, girls!

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

What wonderful news to start my day. I came in just to check in before running off to a day of zoo training. WooHoo Polli! And so glad that you sound better Robin! Everyday something new, each day a celebration. Sending hugs and scritches. Have a greyt day!

Wonderful! Try 4 or 5 small meals during the day. There may be a time of day when she is hungrier than others and you may get a good meal down her then. Like everyone else has said, baby steps forward!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Really super news, good girl Polli

She'll know her own limitations at the moment, but she'll get braver and stronger. Given time.....

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose