The Spanish Gentleman Arrives - Argos Is Home!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argos is such a handsome boy! How heartwarming that he is roaching and playing and looking right at home from the very first.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest Redpack

He is beautiful and happy..amazing after his trip and long stay at the airport. Does the owie by his shoulder look like it needs attention? Congrats! Enjoy your new boy!

Senor Argos es muy guapo!! :)

Congratulations, and welcome to your wonderful new life, handsome boy!!

:yay :yay

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome home Argos, he looks soo happy, what a great feeling that must be!!! Roaching, playing, ahh, the joys that should be part of every Grey, Galgo's life!!! Looking forward to hearing about his new life w/his new family, I have to admit that I have a toy bin that looks like yours, overflowing, you can never have too many stuffies :lol

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Update -

Yes, he will be seeing a vet for his wound. Until then he has had it cleaned out and is wearing my legend of zelda shirt because it's loose and fits him. It's been stopping him from licking. I just need to get the copies of his vetting in Spain, which I will get asap from GRIN.

Yes, I really think they get jet lag...he's been on Spain time all night/day! He was sooo exausted after his day yesterday he slept well!

Argos is doing well. He cried for a couple hours straight last night....while playing and wagging his tail. Just cried as he went along. We kept him in our room and gave him a new bed which he loved. He slept (and is still wearing) one of my t-shirts to stop him from licking his wound. Turns out he's got some recent ones on his belly too...not nearly as bad but he's red in a lot of places. Anyways, when he went to sleep he slept well. He cried about 5:30 am and we took him out and he peed...so no accidents thus far. He pooped earlier and it was fairly solid, just slighty soft so his tummy appears to be doing ok. Oh...and he's the only hound in the house that sits. lol...my boys both looked at him like he was strange.

Oh...and he made me laugh this morning. He kept coming into the living room and picking up a toy and taking it to the bedroom, like an assembly line, for probably 10 minutes. I finally got curious, removed Timmy from my lap, and followed Argos into the bedroom. He was taking toys and distributing them among beds. Not kidding. He had all the ball-type ones (6 total) on Timmy's bed, 3 on his bed (2 stuffed bears) and 2 on Lucky Girl's bed (2 stuffies) and nothing on Lucius bed. No idea what he as doing, but it was funny.

l_7f20418622414c8ca46be7c71125aae3.jpg

l_567e4be0018544cd953920bee13d4252.jpg

l_8d0b308457b1483ab03278c208e81251.jpg

He's beautiful! I hope he will heal up quickly for you.

What do you call his color ? - I thought he was black and white, but now he looks like a liver chestnut color (I used to own horses and that's what we called this color) and white.

He sounds like he's adjusting in well.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

He's beautiful! I hope he will heal up quickly for you.

What do you call his color ? - I thought he was black and white, but now he looks like a liver chestnut color (I used to own horses and that's what we called this color) and white.

He sounds like he's adjusting in well.

Thanks. He's actually black. The flash kind of discolors him, but his black is the same shade as our dalmatian's spots...so I'm going with black. lol!

How do your other kids seem to feel about him? And is he a lot smaller than your Greys? I always heard they were smaller but I haven't seen one in person to know if that's right or not.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

How do your other kids seem to feel about him? And is he a lot smaller than your Greys? I always heard they were smaller but I haven't seen one in person to know if that's right or not.

The other kids are funny about him. Lucius is pretending that he doesn't exist. It was only baout 30 mins ago that he acknowledged him and growled to let Argos know that Lucius is alpha of the house. Then, they sort of played together. Timmy has decided he's tired of being bottom-rung omega of the house, he did the growly thing and now they're cool. No problems. Lucky Girl...bless her heart....wants to be an only dog. So..she's been kind of rude to him...but that's Lucky Girl. In reverse, he thinks he's made all kinds of new best friends and throws a fit, jimping, thrashing, etc when you try to take him away to walk him or something. He likes his new pack and wags his tail (not in the aggressive pose, but in helicopter friendly way).

He is very small compared to my boys. When they all settle I'll get a picture...but he's a good 4 inches shorter than Lucius and 2 1/2 to 3 inches shorter than Timmy. Larger than a whippet. He's about the size of a small female grey.