Deuce Update

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Deuce and I went to OSU yesterday because he hasn't been feeling well lately and after our local vet took some xrays and sent them to OSU, Dr. Couto really wanted to see Deuce in person. So we went....they did more xrays and found a mass in his chest, not in the lungs but more around the heart area. They wanted to do a fine needle aspirate and see what the mass was exactly as they explained it is rare for osteosarcoma to show up again in this way. After doing the test, surprisingly to them the mass is osteosarcoma(they were thinking more thymoma or lymphoma). We have spent 26 wonderful months waiting for "the other shoe to drop" and..........well yesterday sucked. The doctors at OSU felt my pain of course but there really isn't anything they can do. We went home with meds and he isn't feeling any pain right now. We stopped and got two plain double cheeseburgers at McDonalds and had dinner together before making the journey home to Indianapolis. I'm keeping a close eye on him of course, rarely leaving his side as I enjoy each day as a gift from God until he has to leave us. I know about picking three things he loves and once he doesn't enjoy doing those things it is time, but God give me strength to know and not be selfish. This boy is absolutely the love of my life and such an inspiration to me and others who have had to go through this stupid cancer stuff. Right now, he is eating just fine, going outside and enjoying the weather, insisting on sleeping in his favorite spot and roaching more often than not (he is the King Roacher, you know) so he will be with us today and I'm grateful for the honor.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug

I know about picking three things he loves and once he doesn't enjoy doing those things it is time,

I don't like that statement at all :) Remember, the things he loves will most likely change, if they haven't already. It does for all of us as we get older and infirm. What is more important, is if he is loving life. I've seen them happy to lay on a dog bed and receive pets and food, obviously loving life, taking it all in. Some don't mind help going out, some hate it. Some can fall in a pile of poop and jump up with a smile on their face and run around the yard. Some are humilated. They are all different and I know you know your boy.

I trust you will know when he is no longer loving life and when it is time. I am sad for you & the family as I know what you are going through. Enjoy every moment. Eat lots of ice cream together!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest grey_dreams

I'm so sorry to hear about Deuce. Hope that the mass doesn't grow at all and you and your heart-boy will have many many beautiful days together. :grouphug

Both you and Deuce are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please give Deuce a gentle hug from me.

Treasure every moment you have with him.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Love,

Carla

Guest VirginiaGreys

Shelby...I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I was so hoping that they wouldn't find anything remotely like this...that it would be something silly that could be fixed with meds. :(:grouphug

NO NO NO NO NO. I am so sorry. :( :( :( :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so sorry. Sending prayers that this mass does not bother Deuce or slow him down for a LONG LONG time. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest poopsie1

I am so sorry to hear this news. You and Deuce are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope for many more days together as you share your love for each other. :grouphug

Shelby, I am so sorry. We're sending loving thoughts and prayers to you and Deuce.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

I am so sorry to read this. Deuce has been an inspiration to us all. May he continue to have many more good days.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds