Jeanie Lost Her Battle With Osteo ...

JeaniesMom

Jeanie lost her battle with osteo today . I can't believe it , my heart is broken into a million pieces :brokenheart:crying these last 2 days were just too much for her I had to let her go . She told me it was time this is the most heartbreaking and painful thing I have had to do .

Her Cancer took over so quick , she was diagnosed September 8 , 2008 with Osteo . My wonderful vet came to the house today to send Jeanie to the bridge she was surrounded by everyone that loved her Cam and I were there along with Chance and Elly and our 3 cats .I held her head in my hands and petted her till she was gone . Our oldest cat Ebby was laying close to us when she passed .

When Jeanie was gone Chance came up to her and sniffed her and then backed up you could just see it in his expression that he knew she was gone .

I sit here in the living room looking at the 3 dog beds and yours is empty :weep

Jeanie was my first greyhound and my heart dog she was truly a sweet girl . She was the one that made me fall in love with the breed Everywhere she went she lived to be petted and loved it .She could stand in front of you for hours to be petted she loved to lick you and give you wet kisses . Jeanie loved our cats and always tried to lick them when they passed her . She would go up to them and give them a big wet kiss at which they would shake there face from getting all wet . Even at the end when she was in so much pain she would playbow when I came home and was so happy to see us . I remember fondly how she loved our Greyhound runs Jeanie and Chance would always run together and sometimes tag-team other dogs when running with them there was only a certain few who could run with them . Jeanie was one of the first dogs that was in the run group when it started 7 years ago . I'll be sad that she will not be at our winter runs but she will be with me in spirit and running pain free at the bridge.

I love you Jeanie and will never forget the joy and love that you brought into my life . WE miss you terribly and Chance is walking around the house whining and looking for you

Goodbye sweet Jeanie till we see you at the bridge .

I took these pictures this morning of her and Ebby our cat who was with her till she passed .

101.jpg

102.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. The ultimate gift of love is always the hardest.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

My heart aches for you. :brokenheart Jeanie is now free from a physical body that no longer worked for her, and can run like the wind with the angels, to her heart's delight. :gh_run May you always feel her loving spirit with you in your heart, where love lives on. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Jeanie. I'm sure you'll find a lot of friendly cats to kiss.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest argolola

I'm crying with you as I read your post and look at the pictures of your beautiful girl. Please take comfort in knowing that you gave her a wonderful life. Love never dies.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

:f_white :f_white :grouphug

:gh_run2 rest in peace, Jeanie.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.