A New Day, A New Polli Thread

RobinM

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good girl Polli :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

All of a sudden this afternoon, I became depressed. You guys know me from here, but I wish you knew me as a person off of here. I don't get depressed.

I know this is normal. I know I am running on very little sleep, I know this will pass.

I also know it could get worse before it gets better.

I just feel so helpless, scared and depressed. I don't like feeling this way. It's not my MO.

She is not eating. Surprise surprise. I don't know if it would be in her best interest for my DH to go to the hospital and try and feed her. I tried to teach the tech the chicky chicky song or the song I sing to her when she is being impossible

"I'm a mommy, so are you, You love Beau Beau, I do too..." Ok Polli take a bite now... The tech thought :lol the thing is, I wasn't kidding.

Anyway, I will call at 7 to see if she ate and if not if they think DH should go.

Please continue your heart felt prayers and thoughts for my girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest wmlcml6

I didn't have time to read all the posts here, but did Polli already have her treatment? Could that be what is making her not want to eat?

You do seem like a positive person, but stuff like this (involving our kids) can easily get us down. It sounds like Polli is healing well, and I will add my prayers to the many that your mama girl is home soon.

It is only natural that you would feel overwhelmed and depressed by the course of events for Polli. It takes time for it all to sink in and you are worried about your baby girl. Just take one day at a time, one step at a time on the road to getting her well. Perhaps her appetite is off because of everything she has been thru. You will feel much better when she is home with you and you can start giving her hands on care yourself.

Try to get some rest, be kind to yourself and remember this has turned your life upside down. In trying to take care of Polli you will discover deep reserves of strength that you never knew you had. :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest trevdog

Continuing to send prayers to all of you....didn't she start chemo today? That could be the reason she's not eating....I'm sure she will do better when she gets home.

I didn't have time to read all the posts here, but did Polli already have her treatment? Could that be what is making her not want to eat?

You do seem like a positive person, but stuff like this (involving our kids) can easily get us down. It sounds like Polli is healing well, and I will add my prayers to the many that your mama girl is home soon.

Yes, Polli had her 1st dose of Chemo today. Polli is my PITA eater, but she is my PITA eater and I love her, very much.

Dinner time here is one meal a day for Polli, priming the pump with cookies then bites of food. A singing of chicky songs or mommy song will help too. She only eats on a towel, no bowel and she likes us there when she eats. We are not there.

I picture her looking at the people there thinking to herself, WHERE THE HELL ARE MY PEOPLE. They are going to hear about this. Oh Polly girl. You and me both were blindsided by this, BIG TIME.

Hang tough, my litte one. Tomorrow is a day away.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest houndlover

Hang in there Robin. I can't imagine what you are going through right now but it seems like the vets are very pleased with Polli's progress even though she isn't eating well. I hope that she is able to come home tomorrow. I think that would make a world of difference in the way you are feeling right now. Good thoughts and lots of hugs are coming your way.... :grouphug

Guest IrskasMom

Ohhh Robin , you made me cry reading your last Post. After Chemo ,I would say it's natural that she is not eating . I also

think it's natural that you are upset. Your little Girl is in good Hands and the worst is over. Now we will continue praying

and sending good Thoughts your Way. Lots of Hugs for you and Polli :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

It's kind of like feelings of fear and helplessness. Once Polli comes home...everyone will be much happier and you can concentrate on the healing and recovery process~things will fall into a normal routine and your baby doll will be home. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest myjazzy

The chemo usually made my two not want to eat for the first day or two. If you normally have problems getting her to eat, it's only to be expected that she won't want to eat because she's not home with you and her tummy is not feeling quite all right. Hang in there, once she comes home tomorrow, you will both feel better. I always hate leaving mine at the vet's for any length of time.

:kiss2 for Miss Polli and :grouphug for you.

Vet just called while we were walking the others. I explained to her how I was feeling which she said was normal. I'm normal. (?) I realize that I am overtired and overwhelmed but after speaking to her, she put things in perspective for me.

She is kind, real, soft and very very human. She empathizes like she really cares. We ae so blessed to have her.

she is doing better than they could have hoped for except for the eating. They gave her a high calorie syringe full of something and she ate a few bites. Later tonight the Tech that's spending the night with her will sit and try again and OH YES....

this is major....

At 6PM tonight was the 1st time Polli needed pain meds since early this morning. God Bless my baby doll.

Polli is a trooper and hopefully will be coming home soon. Holding her in my prayers, surrounded by healing light and love. :hope:beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am not really surprised she's not eating. She is, as you said, your PITA eater, or rather, non-eater! She is one tough lady, and I am sure once you get her home you will be able to get her to eat, you know all the little tricks :) Otherwise, it sounds like she is doing fantastic.

Molly-Momma to Polli-Momma, hang in there, soon this will all be just a bad memory! :candle:candle

Polli sounds like a champ!

(did they have to amputate?)

yes, yesterday. She had her 1st chemo today.

It's been a whirlwind.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showto...2581&st=100

Edited by RobinM

One day at a time and one thing at a time. She's doing great overall it sounds like and if not eating is her normal MO then she's acting completely normal! Hopefully they'll let her come home to you before they have to see her eat/go potty.

Thinking and chanting for everybody!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest EmilyAnne

I haven't been keeping up and am just now learning of all this since you mentioned something in another thread. I am so sorry for all you and Polli have been going through! :grouphug:

Praying that Polli continues to heal and beat the cancer. :hope

Guest FreddyGirl

She's been nothing but amazing and outstanding. This little girl is a fighter and is working hard to get better to come home to continue ruling the roost:) . One more night until she comes home and you and DH can spoil her rotten with cookies, the chicky song, (rather cute lyrics I might add :) , think it will work on her sister?), yummy chicky and mucho love. All the prayers said for her, the white light and knowledge that she is desperately needed at home, is bringing her there.

Robin.try to hang in there and try to get some sleep tonight if possible. I totally know what you mean about her needing you to eat; my Garry is like that too. You know she is in the BEST hands at that vet and with the most caring vet I have ever met. Polli is strong; she will be home soon!

Then you can sing to her all you want