Coby Came Back From Vet With A Very Swollen Paw

Guest bonscoby

Guest bonscoby

Coby is in pain and has a very swollen paw now. I had to leave him with the vet for the wedding. According to the vet, nothing unusual happened. The vet just said that the edema is further indication that the osteo is progressing. I just don't believe that I left him in no pain, no swollen paw, and now I have a dog I may have to put to sleep tomorrow. Am I in denial???????? I can't watch Coby in this much pain.......

Edited by bonscoby

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Bonnie, I wish I had some advice, but I'm not familiar with edema indicating the progression of the osteo. See if you can make him as comfortable as possible, and try not to think the worst. Sometimes a warm compress helps with the swelling. I'm so sorry you and Coby are going through this terrible ordeal so soon after your wedding especially. I'm saying a prayer for you both right now!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Sending more prayers and gentle hugs for Coby. I hope this is just a small bump in the road. Praying for more quality time with your sweet little man. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:(

It could be from something else but it could be from the cancer.

I'm sorry this is happening to your beloved.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Just wanted you to know that I am crying with you in this terrible turn of events at a time when you should be having a measure of happiness. You and Coby will remain in my thoughts tonight. I pray that tomorrow brings better news. Judy, Mom to Nadir, Beanie, Bruiser, and foster Jolly Mon

Guest Vinnie

You all have been in our thoughts often this weekend as we knew you were getting married and for your sweet baby boy to be so ill yet seem so ok most times, is so hard. I wish things were easier and that we could make things better. Sometimes the osteo moves so quickly and other times it seems to go in remission - so hit and miss - and no guarantees no matter what you do. I hope this is just some swelling that will reduce in the next couple days and not a sign to say goodbye, especially now. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Sending hugs and scritches.

I'm so very sorry, Bonnie. All three of my greys that had osteo developed edema in the affected limb overnight (almost 6 weeks to the day of the first limp) and it was most definitely the osteo. :weep It was the final sign to let them go. :cry1

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest bonscoby

Coby is in terrible pain. I will be putting him to sleep later this morning.....

I need great strength to get through this..... :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

Guest tricolorhounds

:hope:candle:hope:grouphug:hope:candle:hope

I wish there was something we all could do to ease yours and Coby's pain... All I can do though is keep you both in my thoughts :grouphug

I'm so sorry, Bonnie. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest greybookends

Oh Bonnie I feel like I am losing one of my own! I can only imagine what you must be going through. My heart and my prayers are with you and our Coby Bare. I can't think of anything else to say right now. All I can do is sit here and cry.

:weep

:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting