Brooke Needs Prayers!

Ace wasn't feeling like eating the other day, for whatever reason she refused her breakfast and her dinner...I had a little carton of Bil-Jac liver treats, and she ate a few of those, might be worth a try, but they're kind of rich so eating lots of them might not be a good idea...but, worth a shot.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, you're wonderful! Denise, what a guy! Listen, I have a bunch of satin ball patties I had made for Emmy and they're in the freezer. If you think Brooke will eat them you're more than welcome to them! I can have Kevin meet you at the same exit we picked up Joey at and you can get them. They're just sitting in the freezer. Just let me know.

Thank you Judy for the satin ball offer, right now I have a freezer full that I keep on hand for "Picky Patsie". I tried on Sat. to get Brooke to eat some, she took maybe 3 small bites, burbed in my face and refused anymore. I'm going to take some to her Mon. and give it another try, along with an arsenal of other goodies. And if worse comes to worse I'll run down the street to Sonic and get me an iced latte with extra whip cream. :rolleyes:

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

I have been checking here since I came in to work at 8:00 a.m. this morning for word. Silly me -- of course, you're with your girl.

Waiting and hoping for good news.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

I just returned from visiting Brooke all day.

When I got there this morning they had her up standing in a bucket of hot water and had an IV going with dextrose, and the vet tech was trying to get her to eat canned cat food, but she wasn't eating. I popped open a small can of Innova Venison and she ate it and wanted some more. Dummy me only took one can, so I gave her a small can of Turkey. When she was done with her leg soak and IV she was exhausted so I put her to bed in the kennel and sat with her until she went to sleep.

I took a break and left the office for a little while and called Judy for a chat, then went back to the office. Brooke was awake with her head laying on her stuffy. I asked her if she wanted to go outside and bless her heart she got up on her own. I put a leash on her and she drug me to the front door and we took a short walk and she peed a river. Then she came in and wolfed down another can of food. I left instructions with the kennel person on how to fix her dinner tonight, hopefully she'll follow my instructions and Brooke will eat for her. Brooke is so thin now and all the staff is concerned because she won't eat unless I'm there to hand feed her.

Brooke is putting her foot down, so I'm pleased with how she's improved since I saw her on Sat. The bruising on her thigh is gone, her incision looks good, but she's still getting a lot of blood down in her lower leg. The vet said he removed 2 quarts of blood from her lower leg yesterday...I sure hope he was exaggerating. :eek

Brooke's kidney values are very elevated, so the vet is concerned about her kidneys. Her urine is dark orange and he said her creatinine is off the charts.

The thoughts and prayers are working, my Boogers is slowly starting to improve. Now we just need to get her kidneys functioning properly and she can come home.

The vet asked me to fix Brooke some chicken and rice and bring it in tomorrow. I'll update tomorrow evening, hopefully with more good news.

Thanks everyone!!

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

I'm so glad to hear she's eating for you and she's feeling better. This is a good start right? Lots of prayers for both of you

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest VaGreymom

Continued prayers and lots of hugs for you and Brooke.

The update sounds encouraging, her eating is a step in the right direction.

Guest Sighthound

I just read all of this. So sorry for you and Brooke having to go through this. I am praying that things will get better for her. :hope:hope

Denise it is good to hear encouraging news. I am so glad she is better. I have been thinking about both of you all day.

I hope she eats your chicken and rice tomorrow..........but maybe you should take a couple of cans of venison with you just in case.

Continued prayers for you both. Maybe you can sleep a little better tonight.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

glad to hear she's doing better!!!!!!

continuing to send many prayers Brooke's way! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

You emotionally support Brooke and I'll emotionally support you! We've got quite a system here don't we! You call me any time Denise!

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Denise I'm glad that she ate for you. How was her bedding when you got there? Sending gentle hugs you and Brooke.

Her bed was dry! So I didn't have to rant and rave about it. I brought a cover for her bed just in case, and I left it there and told them to please change her bed if it's wet, because I had plenty of covers and there was no need for her to stay on a wet bed. Hopefully they "got" what I was saying.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Sounds like she is improving, that is great news! I hope tomorrow's visit is even better and her kidney values improve. Keep it up, Brooke!

Brooke sounds like she is slowly mending. Encouraging news - you have been doing such a great job getting food into her. Hopefully she will be able to come home soon. :goodluck :goodluck

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy