New To Greytalk, Needed To Communicate With Someone

Guest MyCody

I am so sorry to hear about your precious girl, Cherry. I know she feels very loved and you will have her in your heart forever. I too have had to make that unselfish decision and it is never easy, but is always made with them in mind not us. Please feel free to come in here for support, unfortunately most of us have been there and know how you are hurting.

Terry

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HeatherDemps

I'm sorry this is happening. Having just let my boy go last month I know I can't say anything to make this easier for you. Please know you are not alone and we are thinking of you at this time.

Heather

Edited by HeatherDemps

I'm very sorry to hear of Cherry's troubles. My beautiful fawn girl had osteo in her left shoulder & when she started having problems with her back end, I had my vet come to the house to let her go.

I wish you peace & strength. :grouphug

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Hi again,

Thank you all for your showing of support and understanding. I just got the call from the vet and her doctor is coming to my house as soon as she is out of surgery this morning. I am at work now but heading home to spend some quality time with Cherry before the doctor gets there. I am going to give her some lamb my wife cooked up for her last night and give her hugs and kisses. We will try and take one last walk (hobble) around her back yard and let her smell whatever she wants. My son and I will hold Cherry and tell her she is loved and it is okay. Thanks again for your support, I will post again when I feel able and try and upload some recent pictures. I can't believe how fast this is all happening, but what should I have expected when I called the vet with my request. I know this is the right thing for Cherry but the whole situation just stinks. We have had each other for 11+ years and she was my best walking pal until about 6 months ago. Bye for now.

Scott

You are in my prayers, so sorry to hear about Cherry, this is a great place to come for support, know that you are not alone at this time, you will be in my thoughts, over the MA border in Pelham, NH.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest StriderDog

Oh Scott. I am so sorry. It's never enough time with our babies, no matter how long it has been. Hugs to you, your wife and your son.

Guest Mommydog

Acupuncture can be very good for pain relief and can be used in conjunction with conventional meds without ill effect. Fortunately I've never had to go through this, although sadly many people here have. But you'll find lots of support here, sending lots of good thoughts for you and your girl. :grouphug

I'm so very sorry :cry1:(

I hope Cherry goes to sleep peacefully. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Scott,

I'm sorry for all you are going through with your Cherry. I am sending all of you tons of streaming white light. Please give her a gentle hug from me.

Thank you for giving Cherry the greytest gift of all - freedom from pain. I pray her passing is peaceful. You are also in my thoughts and prayers.

I've been through what you are going through too many times and it is one of the hardest things that you will ever have to do.

Hugs,

Carla

This breaks my heart. God bless your little girl, and you for taking such good care of her. You both will be in our prayers today. I hope that you will find some comfort in the selfless act of letting her go to be pain free.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest oldNELLIE

It sounds like Cherry is going to get to do a lot of her favorite things this morning! She will pass knowing that she is loved. My thoughts are with you.

Guest caiteag

I am so sorry.. this is the hardest part about loving these wonderful hounds.. one day they have to leave and we need to find the strength to let them go.

Scott,

Know that my heart and prayers are with Cherry and her family. All of our Angels at Rainbow Bridge are preparing for Cherry. They will help her settle in and select a special cloud for her so that she can watch over her family until you meet again. Godspeed Beautiful Angel...:grouphug There is no more cancer at the Bridge Sweetheart...no more pain...:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:(:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Scott, please know that so many of us will be thinking of you and Cherry today. I am so sorry you have to say goodbye to your beloved grey and I wish I had the words to help heal your heartache.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

The strong love you all share will see you through. Know that she will ALWAYS be a part of you.

"For love is as strong as death,....Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it" Song of Solomon 8:6-7

I am so sorry.