Please Pray For Coby...update In First Post

Guest bonscoby

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, Bonnie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry to hear this news. Spend a lot of time, take a ton more pictures and take each day as a gift. So many of us have gone down this road, we are here to listen to every emotion you go through.

You are not alone.

Guest HeatherDemps

I am so sorry.... having been down this road before, I know how hard it is to get this news. Know that you are not alone and we are all thinking of you.

:(

Guest bonscoby

So far Coby is still with us....

He has learned to hop around and exerts very little pressure on the right front paw...and he seems really happy.

I give him 1/2 tablet of pain medication daily. He has a great appetite and still follows me everywhere, unless he is following Don. The other day he gave Don the biggest kisses EVER!!!!!!!! I was envious!!!!!! I never got those kind of kisses from Coby!

Oh well, I guess Don just has the right touch. :)

I am thrilled he is holding up, so right now I am in total denial...

Thanks again for all the support and good wishes.

Edited by bonscoby

Guest jettcricket

He has learned to hop around and exerts very little pressure on the right front paw...and he seems really happy.

I give him 1/2 tablet of pain medication daily. He has a great appetite and still follows me everywhere, unless he is following Don. The other day he gave Don the biggest kisses EVER!!!!!!!! I was envious!!!!!! I never got those kind of kisses from Coby!

It's amazing how they get along on 3 legs, isn't it? Saying prayers for your sweet boy......

What type of pain medication are you giving him?

Cricket gets Tramadal twice a day and Rimadyle.

Edited by jettcricket

Oh boy. I'm sorry to read about the cancer. :( But, this time with Coby is going to be so precious, so meaningful and packed with love and memories, that you'll part with no regrets. I'm not saying it'll be worth it, but it seems we do learn from loss just how important it is to value our loved ones while we have them.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest HeatherDemps

What pain meds are you using? Before Dempsey's amputation, he was getting Tramadol and Rimadyl- I can't remember the amounts but it was multiple times per day. Osteo is pretty painful and I've been told it's best to use a combination of meds. I'm sure others on GT can give more specifics. Glad to hear that Doby is hanging in there and doing well. :)

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Glad to hear he is in good spirits. I am keeping him in my prayers. I wish that so many of us (self included) didn't know how you feel but we do. God Bless

I'm so sorry to hear this diagnosis :(:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest jettcricket
Thanks....I seem to be getting my strength from GT and who knows where else....Coby is still with us, and I cherish every moment!

....Every day is a gift.....life is so precious. I'm right there with ya.....:heart

Sending good thoughts and prayers for you, Coby and Miss Free to Run. Enjoy your time together. Give Coby all the fabulous treats you never would have dared to give him before. Take comfort in the joy that will give him. He won't know why you are doing it, he will just love the treat.