Dune Aka Muttley: 14 Years Weren't Enough

DunesMom

What a wonderful, special relationship you and Dune had!! and yet, such a beautiful reflection of the depth of soul and love *all* of these pups have, and of the relationship they choose to share with us. Dune will live on forever, in your touching words and in your heart... :f_red

Edited by maximum

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Beautiful memories for your beautiful boy.

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm sorry he had to leave you.

Godspeed, Dune.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a very touching tribute to your best boy. :cry1:heart I have a sense that he will some day send you another special soul that will help to heal your heart. May your memories bring you smiles and know that Dune is just a whisper away, living blissfully in your heart space. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Thanks for sharing your memories of your sweet boy. Hearts do mend, but there will always be a piece of yours that belongs to your sweet Dune. Godspeed, big fella... run with the angels

f_yellow

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

What a beautiful, touching tribute :brokenheart . I am so sorry for your loss of Dune :grouphug .

May he rest in peace.

f_yellow

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I am so sorry for your loss of Dune. Your tribute was beautifully written, and made me cry.

Rest in peace, sweet Dune.

:f_red:f_red:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest RocketDog

Thank you for sharing Dune's touching eulogy. It is my hope that I will be able to look back on my dogs' lives with such fondness. What a gift they give, sharing their life and their love with us...

:cry1f_yellow What a beautiful, loving tribute. I'm so sorry that you've lost your best friend. :grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

:f_red:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow Oh my that did it :cry1 Do you have a picture of him to share?

I am sorry for your loss, he certainly was a special friend that cannot be replaced

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Thanks everyone for such wonderful support. I'm so glad I found Greytalk! It helps to send him off with such good thoughts.

Here's a couple recent pics of him enjoying old age. Notice the roach in my office on top of TWO dog beds! He was the princess in the pea -- he liked the fluffy one to nest, but it wasn't supportive enough and he whined and groaned until so we stacked them, which was apparently "just right."

Oh, how I miss him.

And two beauty portraits, from his prime about five years ago (a photographer friend took these, there are more on his website but I don't know if I can publish the link?)

post-17468-1222128276.jpg

post-17468-1222128295.jpg

post-17468-1222128701.jpg

post-17468-1222128713.jpg

gallery_17468_3098_7486.jpg
Dash (Mega Batboy), & forever missing Kipper (RD's Kiper, 2006-2015) & Souldog Dune (Pazzo Otis, 1994-2008)
"..cherish him and give him place with yourself for the rest of his but too short life. It is his one drawback. He should live as long as his owner."
James Matheson, The Greyhound: Breeding, Coursing, Racing, etc., 1929

I am so sorry. :candle

No amount of time is ever enough. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg