Only In Canada, Eh!

Guest amazingreys

Guest amazingreys

How could I have had greys all this time, fostered greys, bathed new arrivals and picked ticks off them but never ventured here before?

I live in Ontario, Canada with my hubby, very large son and up until this spring, two beauty boys, Warlock and Mickey. We lost Warlock to cancer of the shoulder in the spring. Didn't have a clue he had it. Our vet told us Warlock hadn't read the "Pain" section of the medical books when we discovered cancer. He showed no indication of...anything. So, we are left with our Mickey.

I became interested in Greys when we were looking for a second dog. Like many, we saw the television program that talked about retired greys making good pets. If you know me (which you don't yet), you know I don't get into anything lightly and researched my little heart out! Read everything I could get my hands on and then approached a local rescue group. Before I knew it, our black beauty, Warlock came home with us. In a few short months, we were fostering. We had a few pass through us before going to their real homes when this timid, scared, spooky fawn came to live with us as a foster. It was love at first sight. Love, I tell you! Although some might say we failed fostering, I think we won. In truth, we were worried than he would not live up to anyone's expectations and that he would end up being bounced. He was...anti-social, to say the least. Sweet as could be, but not very social. But when he looked at me with those eyes and responded to me calling his name, well, we just had to keep him.

I've met some good people because of these dogs. One in particular, that I am so proud to call my friend. We have seen some tough times together, dog related and otherwise and if nothing else I will always be grateful for the dogs that brought us together.

So, I look forward to reading the posts, and being part of this community!

Roxanne

Hi Roxanne,

Welcome to Greytalk! Funny, I was thinking about you recently...

I remember that Walter and Warlock were fostered at the same time and that we adopted them within days of each other (Walter, September 19, 1999). Sometimes, David and I would think, what if we had Warlock and you guys ended up with Walter?...But it worked out the way it was meant to.

I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. We lost our sweet, goofy, Walter June 1st of this year...only 3 months ago and miss him terribly. It was only 7 months after losing Wardy and while he wasn't in perfect health, it was quite a shock to us that he had to leave so soon. One "Bright" spot, and I mean this literally, is that we adopted a broodie in November 2007, USS Frightning, named Brighning.

Link to Walter's Memoriam post:

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showto...hl=walter+roick

Say Hi to the family for me.

Lynn

Edited by larock

Welcome from way down here in Virginia!!! This is a greyt site....you'll make new friends and see pictures you won't believe!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Welcome from Ottawa.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Welcome from.....ah, well Apple Hill, Ontario.....ah working in Virginia....and sometimes in Kennebunk, Maine. Not really sure where I am from anymore but I know I'm a Canuck!

I am very sorry to hear about Warlock, he looked like a sweet boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Welcome from Michigan !!! :D

:welcome:welcome:welcome

Nice to meet you!

:D

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest amazingreys

Thank! What a welcome! Puts me in mind of how the puppies (before there was just one) greet me when I come through the door at night! LOL Of course the difference is I am the "feeder" so that probably explains why they love to see me!

Great to run into a couple of people I know outside this forum!

Another hello from Waterloo

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross