Introducing Wendi!

Guest Koalalou2

Guest Koalalou2

We are adopting Wendi Richter!!! http://greyhound-data.com/d?z=Qi25Jn&d...amp;x=0&y=0

She has been our foster for the past week. We first met her a few weeks ago while we hosted her overnight on her way to the vet. We were in love instantly!

She has thyroid cancer and it is inoperable. We are not sure how much time she has left, but we are hoping she makes it to her birthday on Christmas Eve. We have decided against chemo because of her current weakened state (she was in a very bad place before we got her, basically a backyard breeder). Travel also stresses her out so we don't feel it would be fair to her to take her on trips all the time to have chemo when it will likely not do that much for her. We are looking into holistic options.

We certainly weren't planning to adopt for several more years and have been quite content with our two girls and pretty regular fostering, but this was certainly special circumstances.

Wendi is a very, very special girl and it shines through to everyone she meets. Our vet, who has treated hundreds of our fosters for our group, even wanted to take her home! She has never said that about any of the other dogs!!

We have already bonded so deeply and I cannot imagine not having her with me. I know the day will come when we will have to let her go, but I know that our souls are connected and she will always remain with me. I have never felt this bonded so quickly, it was truly meant to be.

You are home at last my beautiful girl. :wub:

I'm glad she gets to spend her remaining days--I hope they are many and happy--with you.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:confetti :confetti :confettiCONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :confetti :confetti :confetti

Lots of Happiness and we will be praying for Wendi, you and your dh are Angels to give Wendi her own forever home. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Greyglo

The bad situation she was rescued from and her cancer are so unfair. I'm so glad she found a home with you. I hope your time together is extra special!

Awwwww... I'm so glad she will spend her remaining days in your loving care. :heart She looks like a very sweet lil' broodie. :kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest PhillyPups

What a beautiful girl she is. :bighug to you for giving her the loving home life she so truly deserves. I love the broodies, there is something so very special about the.

Wishing you many happy moments to store in your heart with your Wonderful Wendi!! :wub:

Welcome home Wendi! :confetti All of your days will be special ones from now on. :wub:

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am very happy Wendi, it sounds like she found her forever home. Thank you for taking her and loving her, may her days be many and yours be full of her love.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.