Update On Caesar's Amputation

Guest tennesseegrey

Guest tennesseegrey

Just when you think things are going great! The vet called this morning and said Caesar's incision was draining a fluid that had him concerned. My heart just dropped. Caesar either had an infection or one of his muscles became inviable. I had to give the surgeon approval to open Caesar back up this morning to see why he was not healing. That poor baby, he was just getting more alert and ready to come home and had to be operated on again.

Apparently a clot formed in one of his muscules around the incision and blood was not circulating throrougly. I will be able to bring him home tomorrow with a draining tube, but the tube will come out on Saturday and he can really start recovering. I dropped by to see him and he was such a zombie. I really miss him, it's so lonely without him greeting me when I return home.

Thank you so much for your concerns and positive thoughts. :gh_runner

Your poor pupper... :( May the rest of his recovery be uneventful and easy. Continued prayers for your baby boy. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Vinnie

Continuing our thoughts and prayers. So sorry that they had to open him back up again, and we know your heart would have been in your stomach, right where ours was with anything to do with our Angel, Vinnie. It is so hard when you can't do a quick fix and make them better and when you are dealing with something as complicated as an amputation, it is even more difficult. We are so sorry that your family and Caesar are having to go through this. Hopefully, the extra night with the vet will allow him to come home more comfortable and without more worry for you. Sending extra hugs and scritches. Come home soon Caesar!

Edited by Vinnie

Poor baby. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm so sorry Caesar had this complication. Fingers crossed here that it will all go smoothly and he will be home with you soon.

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Sending hugs and best thoughts that Caesar can come home soon.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending more prayers and warm healing light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sorry this happened, but I would rather have him be under a doctor's care over a holiday weekend than at home and having something happen. I probably wouldn't have known one kind of fluid from another.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

:bighug

That's alright! They found the problem, fixed it, he'll be home tomorrow. In the broader scheme of his healing and the rest of his life, this is one bumpy spot. Luckily, he won't really be worried about it once he's home!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.