I'm In Tears Here At Work...

Guest K9Cookies

Guest KRKWMU

I feel like I have to be strong when I'm home with the hounds. At work, I'm just a nervous wreck. Bonnie's lymph nodes are definitely changing and enlarging. Our vet yesterday mentioned the words..."Out of remission" and "the lymphoma is barely under control" :cry1 Obviously, this new protocol is not aggressive enough to fight back the cancer, even after 5 months of other stronger chemo medications. Our vet heard back from Dr. Couto yesterday, but hasn't had a chance to talk to us yet about his recommendations.

This waiting is TERRIBLE! I left a message for our vet and can't stand to sit here waiting for the phone to ring. Good news? Bad news? New medicine? New protocol? Officially out of remission? I just don't know. :(

This past several months in the back of my head I was hoping (and maybe expecting) that Bonnie would be one of the hounds to beat the odds and averages. The typical length of a first remission is less than a year, and remissions thereafter are usually shorter than the first. What does this mean for Bonnie??? Not very good statistics. I won't be naive about that.

I'm sorry everyone. I know this is a downer, but I just needed to vent. I'll let you know when I hear from our vet. Thanks.

Edited by KRKWMU

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vinnie

Sending you :grouphug:grouphug , we know how terrible the unknown and waiting is and will keep you and your sweet girl Bonnie in our thoughts and prayers.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I'm so sorry! I know how agonizing the waiting and not knowing is! Sending you and Bonnie healing helping hugs!

I do know what you are going through having gone through it with my Fritz. I'll be keeping you and Bonnie in my thoughts and prayers. Mimi

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Sending my prayers and white light for Bonnie. Make each and every day as special as you can and I also took lots of pictures...even more so than normal. This journey is an emotional roller coaster ride at best. Hug sweet Bonnie for me. :grouphug An Angel Watches Over...

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I was thinking of you guys last night and was going to send you a PM. This is not exactly the update I was hoping to hear.

continued positive thoughts and cyber hugs headed your way :bighug

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

I know how hard this is and I'm so sorry.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Oh, Kristin. I'm sorry. But now you've made me cry. Please call me asap once you hear something from your vet. Or anytime if you just need to talk.

Big hugs for you.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I'm sorry. :bighug The waiting and not knowing much be so hard. :( Holding your girl in my prayers. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest twilliams

Positve thoughts and prayers being sent your way. Try not to panic. ( I know easier said than done) I hope you get a vet update soon. Keep us posted. :bighug:hope

:grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Don't apologize for posting a "downer". We all just wish with our whole hearts that we could actually do something to make it better for Bonnie. In the end, all we can do is send you and Bonnie our love and our prayers.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I am so sorry for you and Bonnie. Will keep your sweet girl in my prayers.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Kristin, I'm sorry things are not going well. I hate waiting, too. Sending good thoughts your way! :hope:hope:hope:grouphug

And add some scritches and lovins for Miss Bonnie Shiney Lass :)

Edited by turbotaina

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire