Putting A Grey Down Due To Dementia / Senility ?

Guest candt

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all. We did it yesterday. I'm a wreck, but I know it was absolutely the right thing to do. I love and miss her so much.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfj5kcaymfldum0/suki_2017_720.mov?dl=0

I'm so sorry. It's such a horrid, hard part of being a greyhound parent. You did the right thing, and I'm sending you gentle hugs. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

:grouphug

Soylette - You've been in my thoughts. Thank you for sharing your beloved Suki with us.

(Having recently lost our 15 1/2 year old, and our 14 year old, and just beginning to nurse my 13 year old, I'm raw with emotions right along side of you... I so wish they could remain healthy forever.)

Guest soylette

:grouphug

Soylette - You've been in my thoughts. Thank you for sharing your beloved Suki with us.

(Having recently lost our 15 1/2 year old, and our 14 year old, and just beginning to nurse my 13 year old, I'm raw with emotions right along side of you... I so wish they could remain healthy forever.)

Love to you guys. I have no more words - just love and sadness. We give them the best lives we possible can <3

• 1 month later...
Guest cyndisue

I've only know one dog (a friend's) that presented in that way...turned out to be diabetes. Or possibly he had diabetes in addition (diabetes was treated but things did not get better). He would stare at the walls, seemed very confused, allowed things to happen that he had always been a turd about (he was a schnauzer with a lot of attitude, so when it appeared he gave up, my friend knew it was time to let him go), and many routine things seemed foreign to him. Tough decision for anyone to make.