I Don't Normally Do This, But Please Think Of My Joplin

Guest LynnM

Guest LynnM

He's not feeling well at all. I got scripts from the vet today for antibiotics and meloxicam in the hopes that his nasty mouth is what's bothering him, but his rear is super-wobbly and he doesn't have much of an appetite (he is NOT a picky eater). He's always had trouble keeping weight on, so with him only eating about half his meals for the last 2 days, he's getting too skinny.

I've cooled the house down for him and stocked up on wet food, which he is savoring. Cross your fingers that his gut doesn't rebel at that! I'm going to make a batch of "Isaac Stew" tomorrow.

He's got an appointment with the vet on Monday, but we're hoping that the meds will get him feeling better before then!

Getting old stinks!

Lynn

Sending prayers for your sweet little man. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending lots of prayers for your grump. C'mon Joplin, we're all pullin' for you. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest LynnM

Okay, y'all, I'm officially the "Jackass of the Day". The poor guy is overheated. That's what I get for being a cheapskate on a/c in Florida.

His temp's just about down now, he's got meloxicam on board to help keep it down, has eaten a little bit of really wetted down food and is looking a bit more lively. The a/c is cranked and there's a fan on him.

We're still going to the vet on Monday, since he's due for a look-see anyway, but he's okay for now. He's never been a big water drinker, so even though he's had free access to water, he wasn't getting enough on his own. When he was running, I always had to make his food really soupy so that he stayed hydrated.

The other dogs have been fine, but old guys can't regulate their temperatures as well as the youngsters.

Lesson learned!

Lynn

Hope that really is all it was. Give him a scritchie or two from us.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Just saw the update, I am very happy that he is ok!!!! :colgate

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Getting old stinks Joplin. Our Momma's take a bit of time to figure us out now, because we don't work quite the way we did when we were younger. I feel for you, I get overheated very easily and needed the a/c way before Momma thought we should have it on. :rolleyes: But, like yours, my Momma figured things out. I'm not much into eating now and it drives Momma crazy. You should see what she buys me to get me to eat. :D I hope your vet says you are doing okay.

Love from afar, Miz Foxy of the north.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Glad to hear he is feeling a bit better; I'll keep him in my prayers. Hope he has a good vet appt. on Monday! Joplin, you don't know this, but you're one of my very favorite GT greys!

Edited by FullMetalFrank

Good thoughts for Joplin...feel better guy.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Our senior boy Hobbes reacted the same way to heat - summer meant he would look pretty uncomfortable, appetite drop off until we could get the ac set up. We also had to use a fan blowing on him near his bed to keep him comfy. It usually did the trick. If the evenings got cooler, he would perk right up.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy