Bodie Returns To Osu (long)

Guest Bodie

Dear brave Bodie, what an amazing boy you are.

Rhonda and Lew, I'll be thinking of you all each day.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytmonty
When is his first treatment?

Any update from the vet student on how he is doing?

I will answer briefly on Rhonda's behalf (hope that is ok) and let her post more later. The vet student said that Bodie is settling in very nicely at her apartment (Bodie is such a nice dog) and getting along great with her beagle. I think treatments start Tuesday.

You have a big heart, Rhonda. Best wishes for a successful treatment and that the study provides some real options for future greyhound cancer patients.

:grouphug :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Holding you both in my heart and prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

You and your Bodie are unbelievably brave. Sending prayers that all goes well for you both.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest gr84me
Bodie and family, thank you for being so brave and for helping the greyhound world.

Bodie will be in my prayers. Maybe with his help, they will develop Bodie's Cure.

Yes.

Guest paulamariez

I will keep your precious Bodie in my thoughts and prayers. May this treatment extend his life so he has much more high quality time left with his beloved family. Sending Bodie's mom good thoughts too! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Bodie some healing doggie kisses.

Such a bittersweet post, but one filled with hope. I'll admit, it brought tears to my eyes, thinking of you missing your sweet, brave boy. It made me think of my Winnie too, who fought the monster and won. Maybe by letting Bodie participate in the study, like you said, another Grey will fight osteo and win. I know you'll be missing him so much, because you are realistic enough to recognize that your time together may be growing short. But he couldn't be in better hands, and who knows, your boy may just surprise you. Like they say, numbers are just numbers, and we're all praying that he will be with you for a long, long time.

Sending lots of good thoughts and white light to you and Bodie.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest janiesmom

Thank you, thankyou for the selfless sacrifice you and Bodie are making for all the other hounds. Hope the next two weeks go by quickly and that he is home again very soon but more importantly that the research will soon help to stop this monster that is taking so many of our beloved hounds.

Hugs to you and Bodie...God Bless you!!

Heather and Janey

Vernon, B.C.

Guest LolasMom
Dear brave Bodie, what an amazing boy you are.

Rhonda and Lew, I'll be thinking of you all each day.

Amen. Nothing but the deepest gratitude and tons of hopeful prayers and well wishes being sent to all of you.

Guest Bodie
Thinking of Bodie today and sending lots of prayers for a successful and uneventful treatment.

I will post as soon as I know anything about how his treatment goes today. I have spoken to Leah, the vet student, several times. Bodie is settling in nicely in her apartment. Her beagle seems quite taken with him and insists on being next to Bodie and putting her paw on his head! Bodie always has been very adaptable to his surroundings. I don't think I could have left him if he wasn't. I expect that I will be the one who is suffering most during our separation. The house is so quiet and lonely without him. I miss him so much!

I think you've made such a brave and courageous choice. I'm not sure that I could have been as brave and selfless as you have been.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I think you've made such a brave and courageous choice. I'm not sure that I could have been as brave and selfless as you have been.

I know I couldn't have been. :grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Bodie

I want to update that I talked to Leah, the vet student, tonight. Bodie had his first treatment today and he sailed right through it with no complications so far. The hospital sent home stomach meds for Bodie "just in case" but so far he hasn't needed them. In fact, when I spoke with Leah, he had been begging for dinner. That's my boy!

He gets his next treatment on Friday. Tomorrow he will go to OSU with her and hangout at the "greyhound bar". That's where the blood donors stay. Bodie will love socializing with the other greyhounds. I'm trying to view this as a trip to the doggie spa for him so I don't miss him so much - it hasn't worked, but I'm trying.

Well, Mom, it sounds like your boy is doing great. It's natural to worry about our kids, but Bodie may even come home a bit spoiled! Isn't it nice that he can stay in a home environment with someone who cares so much about animals? We'll be saying prayers that the rest of his treatment goes as well as the first part.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest greytmonty

I am so glad his treatment went so well, and that he is doing well with his "foster friend" the vet student. He will be home SOON!!!!! (It won't feel that way now, but I am hoping in hindsight you will feel the time went by quickly).

I hope he has fun hanging with his greyhound friends.

You are in our thoughts! Hang in there!