Sending Our Boy, Dallas, To The Bridge

Guest lotsogreysmom

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bless your heart for knowing what is right for him.

I was where you area a year ago with a non-Grey with a very painful tumor. I opted not to subject a 12 year old dog to painful surgery with a low rate of success, but when it was time, he let me know. It was hard, but I have no regrets. You know when it's time to say goodbye with love!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest Cris_M

My prayers are with you and Dallas. My first grey, Gabriel, had to be euthanized before he turned 5 also so I know the pain and loss you are going through with losing one so young. Rest assured that you are doing what is best for Dallas, and he will soon be well and free again.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Thinking of Dallas and your family today. I don't know if it is harder when we know the end is near or when it is unexpected. He will have a wonderful new angel (Trish) to greet him when he crosses the bridge.

:cry1 Someone here on GT wrote when we had to say goodbye to Cricket that they live in the moment and don't regret the loss of their tomorrows. The words were very comforting to me. I wish you strength :grouphug and Dallas a peaceful journey to the bridge. I'm so sorry.
Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

I'm so sorry. I know how difficult it is to make the final decision. I'll keep you and Dallas in my thoughts.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I just read this. I am so sorry for all of you. Making the decision to euthanize is always a hard thing to do. I pray your hearts become lighter as time goes by. At least Dallas knows he was loved.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

I'm so sorry Kim. That must have been a hard decision to make, and it was a brave one. Thinking of you, your family, your whole pack today. Sending :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug. I hope Dallas' passing is peaceful.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.