Monty Has A Multiplicity Of Medical Problems Again

Guest greytmonty

Guest greytmonty

Monty continues to worry about our vet's finances.

We are seeing the opth vet for a recheck of his Pannus. His eyes are pretty cloudy so I am guessing he will up the drops again.

Our derm vet is SO NICE he is going to stop in to look at Monty's inguinal (sp?) and penis area. Monty has a chronic rash there likely associated with his allergies, and occasionally it gets infected. We noticed a LUMP on the shaft of his penis last night, and I called the derm vet who agreed to squeeze him in today while we are at Penn. I am so worried, it is really weird looking.

Never mind his swollen toe and limp, for which we are seeing our regular vet Saturday.

Please send good thoughts that the lump is nothing.

Edited by greytmonty

:candle:hope

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest Hollys2hounds

OH KAREN!

:candle :candle :candle:hope :hope :hope:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

You and my "boyfriend" are in our prayers! Like you said, Monty probably just wants the vet to be able to have a nice summer vacation, or he just misses hanging out with him ??!!

Let me know how the visit goes!!

Good thoughts, healing thoughts, and prayers your way!

Holly and gang

Guest Bodie

White light and prayers coming for Monty that the lump is just another version of his allergies. Things do seem to happen in multiples for that boy, don't they? Here's hoping that all of his problems turn out to be minor.

Karen;

Is it a lump, like under the skin tumory lump, or like a ingrown hair/zit lump? Butkus occasionally gets blood-filled ingrown-hair type lumps on his shaft, and I just pop them and throw some bacitracin on and they're fine...just a thought!!

(Yes, I just admitted that I pop my dog's penis bumps. What, it's better than taking him to the vet to do it!!! :blush)

Guest greytmonty

Embarassed but happy update. Indeed monty has awful skin in that area, with blackheads, thinning from Cushings, etc. His "tumor" is a normal bulbar area of the penis that enlarges with blood flow. It just looks bad because of his skin. Dr. Palmeiro was very nice, even saw him for free (more than I can say for the opth vet, CA-CHING). I am embarassed but relieved. :blush

OLIVES !!!!!

Poor Monty. How embarassing for you. :blink:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest taylorsmom

Oh, man!!! Poor Monty and poor you!! I am sure that Dr. Palmiero was very very nice about it though, and very understanding. Why would you be expected to know such intimate boy-part details??? Better to be relieved and embarrassed, though, then to be worried and not know what the heck this lump is!!

Hope Monty feels better with his other skin and eye stuff really soon!

Embarassed but happy update. Indeed monty has awful skin in that area, with blackheads, thinning from Cushings, etc. His "tumor" is a normal bulbar area of the penis that enlarges with blood flow. It just looks bad because of his skin. Dr. Palmeiro was very nice, even saw him for free (more than I can say for the opth vet, CA-CHING). I am embarassed but relieved. :blush

Do not feel embarassed! Anything that is of concern should be checked out and you did exactly what all of us here would have done! :) Sending prayers for Monty's eye problems. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Nothing to be embarrassed about; but, you won't make that mistake again. ;)

Karen, Greyhound Baby tells the same story about her dog. Glad there was nothing major going on.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Glad it was nothing, or nothing to worry about that is. Monty may want to sit you down and have "that" talk with you. Now might be a good time. :blush

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greytmonty
Glad it was nothing, or nothing to worry about that is. Monty may want to sit you down and have "that" talk with you. Now might be a good time. :blush

You are too funny! :lol

Monty's, er, um, bulbar region does not have a corresponding part on humans.

The vet told me this is why male and female dogs sometimes get "stuck together" when doing the deed, as the bulbar region swells up and gets stuck.

Oh my, TMI!

Guest ArtysPeople

Another victim of the "olives on his hoo-hoo", AKA "ping pong ball on his manly parts"! :lol They should seriously start warning first-time male dog adopters about those things!

Don't feel too bad; I posted a whole thread here about it when I first saw them, too, and Jeff even laughed at me because in my original post I admitted touching/feeling them while trying to figure out what it was. Not that I blame him, in retrospect and all. After all, I've read his signature. ;)

P.S. We need an olive smiley thing for this whole topic.

Oh man, I am just seeing this for the 1st time. What an ordeal!

So happy handsome is OK!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest TBSFlame
Another victim of the "olives on his hoo-hoo", AKA "ping pong ball on his manly parts"! :lol They should seriously start warning first-time male dog adopters about those things!

Don't feel too bad; I posted a whole thread here about it when I first saw them, too, and Jeff even laughed at me because in my original post I admitted touching/feeling them while trying to figure out what it was. Not that I blame him, in retrospect and all. After all, I've read his signature. ;)

P.S. We need an olive smiley thing for this whole topic.

Yes indeed we should warn them. I had always had girl dogs :blush and didn't know about olives. I did call a friend that had boy dogs and she told me what they were. I did take Beecher in because of the black dots on his tummy. My vet was on the floor on his hand and knees looking at Beecer's tummy and looked at me and said........" I think it's blackheads" :lol:lol:lol he was not a greyhound savy vet but he was right.

Edited by TBSFlame