Frosty Had A Bad Accident At The Dog Park

Guest FrostyBottoms

Guest FrostyBottoms

There was 1 dog when we first got there and I kept my guys on the other side of the fence until they got to know each other through the fence....then we moved to the other side to play with that dog. A new dog came, I told the lady that Vinny plays rough (she had a little dog that looked like a fox) and asked her to go on the other side for a little while until they got used to each other. She did, and when the dogs were running along the fence with each other, Frosty's right front leg went through the chain link fence.......All the way through the lady on the other side said.....

I finally heard the GSOD and I never want to hear that again.....she was bleeding above her knee and her shoulder was all scratched up and the fur was gone in some spots.

This was the only time dh said "let's bring the first aid kit the the park" We always mean to but always forget....thank goodness we had it, we wrapped her leg and took her to the e-vet....we were there for almost 5 hours...the vet didn't think it was broken so she didn't take x-rays...she shaved the front upper part of her arm by her shoulder and it is all bruised....

She wanted to put her on Rimadyl, but Frosty was sensitive to even the hookworm meds, so she gave her a narcotic instead and an antibiotic.....

I am calling my vet today because I am afraid she broke her shoulder...everytime she gets up she does the GSOD and once she is walking...she doesn't scream but she is limping and she is walking very slow....

My poor baby girl...DD & DS were screaming and crying at the the dog park......Vinny ran right over to her and started licking her...he was so worried about her.

Here is her picture....

DSCI0447.jpg

ETA....that she has 4 staples in her leg ....they went to put the 5th one in, it hit a nerve so they took it out and glued the rest....

we heard her scream while we were waiting in the room..... :(

Edited by FrostyBottoms

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no!!! Poor Frosty! Sounds nasty. I know what it's like to hear the GSOD and want it to stop! It's such a bone-chilling sound... Poor baby. Sending lots of :grouphug to you and :kiss2 to Frosty, hoping she'll recover soon... :cry1

Please let us know what your vet says!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest SoulsMom

Oh no!!! How awful for all of you! Let us know what your vet says, sending tons of white light and good vibes it's just a sprain. Poor Frosty :kiss2:grouphug

oh NO! Your poor baby!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

sending healing hugs!!!! :bighug :bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh jeez. Poor little sniglet. Sending gentle scritchies for little girl and hugs for all the family.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest FrostyBottoms

Thanks everyone! Frosty is resting on the rug in my laundry room that she stayed on for about the first week or two she was here. She never goes in there anymore unless I am doing laundry :cry1

DSCI0448.jpg

She is laying with dd's pink tank top.....She has an appointment at 9am.

Know that my heart and prayers are with you. I'll check back for an update. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greyt2love

Poor Frosty. How scary for you to hear her scream like that !! Praying it's at most a sprain, nothing more. Sweet Vinnine, looking out for his sister ! Extra hugs for him, too !

Waiting for the update!!

Edited by greyt2love

I sure hope it's nothing more serious than a sprain. Give Miss Frosty some sritches for me. Keep us up to date.

Marc and the Joisey Girls (especially Auntie Nadia)

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)