Magnus Got Stitches Today

Guest KsFrets

Guest KsFrets

We try very hard to be the best doggie parents and have everything covered. Last night we all went to bed, with the M&M's on their beds on the floor beside our bed. In the middle of the night a big storm rolled through, which started with a lightening bolt and a big thunder crash...and of course two doggies jumping up. Magnus was shaking like a leaf...and you can imagine our horror when we turned the lights on and there is blood all over his leg and bed and blanket. When Magnus sleeps, sometimes he is very close to our bed. Apparently too close, and when he jumped up, he raked his leg across a sharp edge of the metal bed frame, and layed it wide open :cry1:sad1 Well, here we were at 3 am patching him up with bandages and bandaids as best as we could, and then took him to the vet first thing this morning. He's all stitched up now, and will be just fine. But no running for awhile and he gets his stitches out in 10 days. :broke I think it hurt us more than him! When we got home, we immediately rearrainged the bedroom to give the doggies way more room, and we will be MUCH more concious about how close they get to/under the bed when they sprawl out at night.

7512-1245710842008.jpg

Edited by KsFrets

Aw poor Magnus! :kiss2:dogcookie

From Faolin: the darnest things try to bite you: bushes at the park try to steal my ears & now your bed tries to eat your leg! Retirement is dangerous! :nod

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Oh, poor Magnus! Wishing him a speedy recovery, and all of you patience with the no running for a while!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Aaaww poor Magnus! Hope he feels better soon! Here's something to make him feel better :cookie:D

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest kimberllee

Ouchie! Hope that doesn't happen in our house ... Gregg often likes to sleep with his head under my side of the bed. No sharp edges there, but he's clumsy enough to injure himself, I'm sure!

Feel better soon, big guy!

Guest KsFrets

Thanks for the well wishes!!! It sure must have been an ordeal for Mags, because he's still sleeping, and we missed our morning walk. So far so good on messing with the bandages! Magnus has been a very good guy for letting people do stuff to him, he didn't give the vet any trouble. He will definately get a BIG cookie!!!

I spent some time inspecting the bed, and I also put cloth tape around all the sharp edges. It's quite a eye opener how rough and sharp the frame is!

Not being able to run is going to be tough on him...he loves it so much! The vet did say I could take him for easy walks for now.

It was kind of cute, we called the vet and they said come right away...then we walked in with two dogs! we had to explain that it's worse to seperate them, so we just bring them both everywhere. You can tell they are much more comfortable when the M&M's can support eachother. When they brought the mags back out of the surgery room, he about went crazy to see Maggie again. He had a most pitiful whine going home, I really think he was scared we weren't going home or something. When we got home, you could see the relief and happiness :)

Magnus! What a freak accident!! So sorry to hear it happened. Feel better soon and don't forget to milk this for as many doggie cookies as you can possibly get! :):kiss2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest bonnebike

I've seen pipe insulation used to wrap things you might bump your head on. Of course it may not look so good in your bedroom.

Guest paulamariez

Poor baby Magnus! Keeping your sweet heart in my thoughts and prayers for a quick healing! I'll never forget a similar incident when I was a teenager back at home. We had a German Shepherd who crawled under the pull out bed that my sister and I were sleeping on. A storm rolled in during the night and our dog Greta crawled under the sofa bed. When she tried to come out we heard a yelp and turned on the light and Greta cut her leg so bad on the metal bed frame that it was spurting blood out and my dad had to rush her to the E-Vet in the middle of the night. Man, I'll NEVER forget waking up to that horror! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Magnus some healing doggie kisses too! Get well quick!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Magnus and thank you for posting. My "old man" loves to sleep next to our bed with his legs underneath it. He's also terrified of thunderstorms so it's very possible he could do the same thing.

Not to hijack this thread but thank you for the camera club suggestion, I had the president call me and she wants to do the pictures!!!

Hugs to the pups

Kathy

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Oh no! Feel better soon sweetie. Sending prayers for a swift and uneventful recovery. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Bless his heart, I hope you feel better real soon!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Poor Magnus! A scary storm AND a boo boo! Glad he's stitched up and home with his family. Let the healing begin! :)

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest KsFrets

Magnus just got back from a short walk. He said it sure was nice to sniff some squirrel tracks and get outside, but that knee is sure stiff and sore! He thanks everyone for their thoughts and wishes! What a fantastic forum! :paw

Kathy, you're welcome! Some of the photo club people are really good! Not only that, they do it because they love to, not because they have to, and that can make a huge difference! :digicam

Poor bug! Lots of hugs and scritchies for him (and his sister, and his people!).

I used to block off the underside of my bed with 8.3 million pillows. Now have a platform bed with drawers so nobody can get parts under there.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.