Loca Misdiagnosed?

I am so glad my vet and so many kind people here on GT recommended I contact Dr. Couto. Below is his response to my email and Loca's x-rays :yay

Hi Robin: We just finished looking at Loca's Xrays with a couple of radiologists, and we believe that what we are seeing is an artifact (ie; something that is not really there). We think that the "lytic" area the radiologist described is actually Loca's normal lung lobe superimposed with her scapula. None of the other views show any abnormalities, and in the radiology world, we usually don't call it unless we can see it in more than 1 views.Can you please give me more info about her? Is she painful in that area? Is she lame?Please let us know how we can help, and take care

Am I getting ahead of myself since I feel so relieved and escastic?

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vinnie

Dr. Cuoto's the best. Keeping my fingers crossed that Loca hasn't shown any other symptoms of anything and that you can just have another xray done of the area that Dr. Cuoto mentioned. Please keep us informed on your next steps and how she's doing. Scritches to Loca and your other babies too.

Oh my God!! Could this be? Hoping! Hoping! Hoping!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Saying small chants for misdiagnoses. not to discredit your vet, but this would be awesome.

We had the same happen to Battle 2 years ago. The vet believed it was osteo, but further review from a radiologist/oncologist determined it was an artifact. Re-xrayed from different views etc. and it was a misdiagnosis.

Here's hoping. Big BIG hopes.

OK....Between Loca and Dee I can't stop crying tears of joy and relief. Sending more prayers for both sweetie girls for good measure. :confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:clap:clap:clap:bounce1:bounce1:banana:couchjump:pinkele

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Holy cannoli, Robin! That is similar to what happened with Speck... his was pain in his leg, limping, not one but two vets saying it might be "something more" and even saying, "it's a tumor" based on x-rays and exams. Then we went to Dr. C who examined Speck and the x-rays along with an orthopedic doc who was just hanging out by the front desk at the OSU hospital (as fate would have it.) Between Dr. C and the orthopedist, they both concluded it wasn't cancer. So there is hope... don't give up yet.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Loca and sending more prayers and positive vibes. It will work out, I know it!

:D

OK....Between Loca and Dee I can't stop crying tears of joy and relief. Sending more prayers for both sweetie girls for good measure. :confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:clap:clap:clap:bounce1:bounce1:banana:couchjump:pinkele

DITTO!!! Now Battle needs a good bill of health today and it will be pretty darned close to perfect.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Holy cannoli, Robin! That is similar to what happened with Speck... his was pain in his leg, limping, not one but two vets saying it might be "something more" and even saying, "it's a tumor" based on x-rays and exams. Then we went to Dr. C who examined Speck and the x-rays along with an orthopedic doc who was just hanging out by the front desk at the OSU hospital (as fate would have it.) Between Dr. C and the orthopedist, they both concluded it wasn't cancer. So there is hope... don't give up yet.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Loca and sending more prayers and positive vibes. It will work out, I know it!

I had totally forgotten about Speck's big adventure to Ohio! Geez, I guess we all need to move to Ohio!

Robin, I will be praying that you get the best possible news for your little Loca :hope :hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

I had totally forgotten about Speck's big adventure to Ohio! Geez, I guess we all need to move to Ohio!

Robin, I will be praying that you get the best possible news for your little Loca :hope :hope :hope

Yes, adventure it was, what with 8+ hours of driving through the night like bats out of hell to get to OSU... yet meeting Dr. C, meeting his great staff and getting his expert opinion were all worth it.

It will be worth it for you and Loca, too, Robin! Hang in there! :grouphug

Robin, is it possible for you to get down there with Loca in person? Since she is having pain, it might be worthwhile if they can figure that bit out and definitively rule out all the nasty stuff.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire