We'll Be Saying Goodbye To Cricket Soon

After consulting with a second neurologist and some positive response to the Cytosar, Cricket is now declining again, to the point where she is having trouble with her front legs. I took her in on Wednesday to Angell Memorial to consult with the neurologist and there's no positive spin on this. I know that we've been lucky to have had her for 18 months beyond the onset of all this but my heart is breaking. She's still eating and enjoying our company but I'm afraid I'm losing perspective. I know that it is for the best to send her to rainbow bridge to reunite with Snickers but I'm having the hardest time emotionally. When I look at the situation rationally I know that I've done absolutely everything for her and that it's better to help her now than drag things out much longer when she is susceptible to a massive infection. She can barely pull herself up to a stand on her front legs, and her back legs are in pretty bad shape neurologically. I've known that she wasn't going to live a long time but it's really hard, especially after losing Snickers in August. I know that once I make the decision and she's at the bridge that my heart will heal and time will ease the sadness but I'm having a really hard time making that final step for her.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DoofBert

Yes, we understand.......somehow, someway you and Cricket will know when it's time. And, we are here to help you heal!

Hugs,

Jayne

Edited by DoofBert

I'm so sorry that you are facing this difficult prospect. I've been in your shoes recently and it is heart wrenching. We love them so much and do not want to let them go, but in the end you will know that it was the right thing to do. She knows you love her and would tell you if she could. You will be in my thoughts.

Guest greytmonty

I am so sorry to hear about Cricket. I know you will do the right thing and your heart will tell you when that is. Lots of hugs and treats for all of you right now!

I totally know where you are coming from. It is sooo hard to do. Prayers for you and sweet Cricket.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I am so sorry. This is just heartbreaking for you. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

It is always so hard. I am so sorry. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear about Cricket. :grouphug

Edited by Finnsliz

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

I'm so sorry. I remember when you were adopting her. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest fastdogs

I'm sorry. :f_white

It's so hard to make that decision. When we made that decision, we took comfort knowing that our beloved hounds only live for the moment. They do not mourn the loss of a future, that's a human emotion. For them, it's all about the now. All that matters is what is happening to them now.