Please Say Prayers For My Sophie

It is bad and good news she does not have a bladder infection even though they did a urinalyis and it came back with some bacteria, he said the bacteria could come from the cup or hair or anything it was too small of a amount.

Best find another vet. I wouldn't go back to this one. If there's bacteria in there, she has an infection.

Hugs and hopes the antibiotic fixes her up.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is bad and good news she does not have a bladder infection even though they did a urinalyis and it came back with some bacteria, he said the bacteria could come from the cup or hair or anything it was too small of a amount.

Best find another vet. I wouldn't go back to this one. If there's bacteria in there, she has an infection.

Hugs and hopes the antibiotic fixes her up.

This was our first time to this vet, he was highly recommended, our vet retired. I just can't wait until the blood work comes back, I think that will tell the story. Thanks!` :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I will set up an appointment on monday with Poinsett for a second opinion.I really appreciate all the input. Thanks! I will do anything for my babies at any price.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

If you google Rimidyl you will see it shouldn't be given if she has kidney problems, as Burpdog said. I would stop it and find another vet.

Dick

Dick,

We are going to stop it Burpdog was so very nice to send me articles to show my husband and I did call the vet back and they told me that they had halfed the pills, which they did and to only give if needed. We are not going to give them to her and we are going for a second opinion. Thanks so much for the concern.

darlenesiggy2.jpg

Sending prayers for your sweet girl.

:hope:hope:hope

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

There are a few people on GT that know a lot about meds and Burpdog is certainly one of them.

I hope you get to the bottom of what's wrong with your girl.

Dick

She is very knowledgeable and has helped me a lot. Thanks so much Burpdog. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg

Poor Sophie. I hope you get to the bottom of this... please let us know what the other vet you're consulting says... sending many :grouphug:grouphug to you and many scritches and :kiss2:kiss2 to Sophie.

Edited by merlinsmum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

105 IS a high temperature! If the dog's temp is still this high (do you have a rectal thermometer?), wipe her paws with alcohol. The evaporation of the alcohol will cool her off. This vet is definitely not up to snuff if he blew off a 105 fever as something minor. Combined w what Burpdog has told you about NSAIDs, I would definitely get w another vet.

I assume Sophie IS on antibiotics? I, personally, would continue them unless a different diagnosis from a UTI can be pinpointed.

You might want to call around to see if there is another e-vet in your area. Hopefully, things should be okay until Monday, but it would be good to have someone identified if you need them.

Is Sophie eating and drinking okay?

ETA--Here's a thread that you posted in last Spring about vets in your area. It turns out there are some very experienced greyhound people in your area (Marcia, Nan, and Kennelmom). They should be able to give you some good advice on finding a new vet.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showto...hl=simpsonville

[Total tangent-was there ever a lost dog in your area? Your town name popped up in my Mapquest as soon as I started typing it, like I had tried to look it up before.]

Hugs,

DD

Edited by DaisyDoodle

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

105 IS a high temperature! If the dog's temp is still this high (do you have a rectal thermometer?), wipe her paws with alcohol. The evaporation of the alcohol will cool her off. This vet is definitely not up to snuff if he blew off a 105 fever as something minor. Combined w what Burpdog has told you about NSAIDs, I would definitely get w another vet.

I assume Sophie IS on antibiotics? I, personally, would continue them unless a different diagnosis from a UTI can be pinpointed.

You might want to call around to see if there is another e-vet in your area. Hopefully, things should be okay until Monday, but it would be good to have someone identified if you need them.

Is Sophie eating and drinking okay?

ETA--Here's a thread that you posted in last Spring about vets in your area. It turns out there are some very experienced greyhound people in your area (Marcia, Nan, and Kennelmom). They should be able to give you some good advice on finding a new vet.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showto...hl=simpsonville

[Total tangent-was there ever a lost dog in your area? Your town name popped up in my Mapquest as soon as I started typing it, like I had tried to look it up before.]

Hugs,

DD

I am not sure if their was a lost dog in my area before, their may have been but I have not heard about it! Sophie is eating and drinking but does not have a lot of energy. I also was taking Sophie to Dr. Robertson but when we moved it was too far and we are getting ready to move even futher away from her and the vet I used before that Dr. Zink he retired and someone took over his pratice I am not familiar with, we will get second opions on this with Poinsett but Electric City is suppose to be the Best. She saw Dr. Tope he has a excellent reputation and I am looking at the paper work he is testing in the blood the following Antech Superchem- CBC, T4,U/A HWT, the only one I am familiar with is HWT. I am sorry my babies don't normally get sick that often and I am just not familiar. They did a urinalysis by dipstick and Sediment.

All I know is I am praying for good blood test and this ends up being just the extra flap over the anal and she will get that cut once we get to the bottom of what the heck is going on. Her temp has gone down to 103.Lets just pray for good test results.

darlenesiggy2.jpg

Sending prayers for Sophie. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Sending more prayers for Sophie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I will set up an appointment on monday with Poinsett for a second opinion.I really appreciate all the input. Thanks! I will do anything for my babies at any price.

Oh...NO... not "our" little Sophie.. now I'm worrying along with you. No good medical advice that I can think of at the moment...(only know what people urologist advised for me)..but we've got fingers and paws crossed here...and I know you'll be giving her the best care.

Now, I'll wait anxiously for a report tomorrow... Is she still drinking? Peeing okaynow?

Linda & Minty

Guest looneygabe
Is there any news on Sophie?

It is like she has just been forgotten. :mellow: We would like to know how she is doing since you were suppose to have taken her to another vet. Would like to know what the second opinion was. :wub:

I am so sorry that I am just now getting back to everyone, we ended up at the e-vet. Sophie is one sick little girl and it is breaking my heart in two peices, She went out this morning at 5 am and peed blood again, I ran to the e-vet and they kept her most of the day with IVS. I did not want to say anything until I knew something more, her stool came back no parasites, she does not have a UTI, and other than that until the blood work comes back in the morning, we don't know, she is at home again resting. This is driving me nuts. I know their is a problem but what it is, I don't know..... They are not giving me any DEF. answers yet????? She has no ENERGY... Hopefully this is just a bug and it will pass, is that possible? So far everything is coming back negative.

darlenesiggy2.jpg

Sophie was dehydrated yesterday that was the reason she had to get IVS, the doctor called me back this morning and her red blod cells are elevated but not too much for a greyhound, everything that electric city did and said was correct, their was some some crystals in her urine but not enough to be real bad the antibotic will take care of that, she has a extra peice of skin around the anal (volvo) glands that is infected like electric city said, we can have this removed when she feels better but this could be causing the bleeding. The blood work came back normal, I am very happy. I am also very Happy the way electric city continued to call me and stayed in touch with the e-vet. He has also told me to take her off the rimdayl and give her bendaryl twice a day. I am very HAPPY with this news. :colgate I worry too much when my babies are sick, after losing my Champ it is very hard not to get real concerned, I lost him too FAST. The vet also said she will get her energy back which this morning she was running and she had not ran in 3-days.

darlenesiggy2.jpg

Good! I am glad that little Sophie is feeling much better. Update us as you can...and kiss the pretty little girl for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I stayed home from work today and part of the day yesterday to be with her. She is so sad with those eyes she looks up at me like mommy I don't feel good and everybody is running and playing. :( Thanks so much for all the well wishes.

darlenesiggy2.jpg

Sending prayers for continued improvement.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson