Please Say Prayers For My Sophie

Please can we ask that prayers be said for our Sophie.She peed with some blood in it, we have been giving Bo all the attention after he hurt his paws. But she started to cry this evening more than usual she does whine a lot. My dh took her out and saw that she had blood in her pee, we ran to the vets right before they closed and they did a stool sample and a urine test and we are going back in the morning for more blood test, if she gets worse we have to take her back tonight. She is very weak and she is not walking around or playing like her usual self. I am sooooo WORRIED. Poor baby I was taking care of her brothers paws and she was sick, and trying to get my attention, I feel soooo BAD. Does anyone else have any experience with this? This has been one bad week for my babies, I just pray the other two stay well. They all are on home rest till everybody gets well again.

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest houndlover

Poor Sophie! Daisy was peeing in the house a while ago and I took a urine sample to the vet's. She had blood in her urine and she had crystals too (4+ which as high as they can be). The vet said that the blood was from the crystals trying to work their way out of her system. I was also told that this can be EXTREMELY painful. The vet put her on pain meds and a special dry food. I will send good thoughts for your girl and I hope that it is something minor. Don't beat yourself up about not knowing something was wrong right away. You are taking care of the issue now and that is what is most important. Please keep us posted.

Hopefully you can get Sophie started on treatment tomorrow... great that you got her in to the vet this evening. Keeping your precious girl in my prayers. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest GreyFox

Sending prayers and scritches for Sophie. And warm thoughts for you. You are not a bad mom - you were doing what you had to do to care for Bo. The important thing is that you acted quickly when you realized something wasn't right and the process of diagnosis has begun. Best wishes for something easily resolved.

We just now got back from the vets we went to Electric City. It is bad and good news she does not have a bladder infection even though they did a urinalyis and it came back with some bacteria, he said the bacteria could come from the cup or hair or anything it was too small of a amount. She has an infection around her anal, she has a extra peice of skin there and it is infected, we can have it removed once she gets better from this, and she had a fever of 105 but they said that was not too high. They did blood work and had to send it out to get tested. The vet said it can be one of two things worse case her kidneys are shutting down or best case she has a stone. He put her on Simplicef antibotic and rimadyl for pain. He wanted to see her vet records where she came off the track not sure why?????? But we are unable to get them I don't know how she was a return and I picked her up from the previous owners and they did not give the paperwork back,( I immediatley fell in love and she was ours) and I have not been able to get in touch with the group. :sad1

Needless to say the vet thinks it could be her kidneys and we will find out when the blood work comes back. Then the next step will be having a MRI done, and I am not sure from there, he said we have to treat this agressively and he will let me know as soon as the blood work comes back. He said it was better to take her home and let her rest. She is sleeping now, bless her heart after a very eventful morning.

I am sooo Worried please keep Sophie in your prayers.

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Thanks everybody for your prayers and well wishes, her mommy is just a bundle of nerves until the test results come back.......This is my little girl and it breaks moms heart for her to be sick. We are just thinking positive that the blood work comes back good. Her brothers are staying by her side and taking good care of sister. :colgate

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg

Sending prayers!

Needless to say the vet thinks it could be her kidneys and we will find out when the blood work comes back

If this is true, there is no way she should be on rimadyl or any other NSAID!

I don't know, that is just what he put her on. That is what she is taking, why will this hurt her more ?????????

darlenesiggy2.jpg