She's Gone

Bill419

Guest derfaroo

I honestly do know how you feel. When we had to make the decision that our Samantha was in more pain than she needed to go through.... we BOTH were devastated! I cried for weeks....probably MORE! Tears now, many years later. I never believed that I could love a dog more that I loved that girl! Guess what... I WAS WRONG!!!! We have a miracle on our hands right now in nearly 20 year old Genie. I AM THANKFUL TO GOD FOR EVERY DAY WE HAVE HER...WE ARE TRULY BLESSED...BUT THE DAY SHE'S NO LONGER WITH US....IT WILL BE MORE THAN DIFFICULT. ...harder than our loss of Samantha!

BUT... we have 4 year old Eddie...who will need another! Who we won't think we'll love as much as Samantha...or GENIE...or Eddie...but, guess what... WE WILL!

My heart goes out to you. Thank you for sharing. Hopefully, the many of us who dearly love our greyhounds will help comfort you in your time of loss, as we all feel your sadness. I pray you'll consider taking another grey into your home. No... it won't be the same...but a different dog, with a new and funny personality. The new baby will NEED you...and you will have to take care...and one day...you'll discover your "GENIE", as we did. There's always enough love for the next blessing in your family! Hard to believe...but true!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. :grouphug Was so hoping you'd have more time together. Just know that you gave her that final gift of love, freedom from pain, and she's now running like the wind at the Bridge with all her new angel pals. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest luvRgreys

So very sorry for your loss, but thankful that Tipper is no longer hurting. So many of us have gone through this with our greys, there is comfort in knowing others understand. If we could take your pain away we would :f_red:f_red:f_red

:f_red Sending my sympathy. :f_red

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very very sorry for your loss. I wish I didn't know your pain, but I sure do. :bighug

What a wonderful legacy Tipper gave for the greyhounds, an absolute gift to both of you and to the greyhounds and the greyhound community. Run with the angels sweet Tipper, you are now with some of the very very best.

Bill, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious Tipper. May you find comfort in all of the wonderful memories she gave you. One day you will be able to think about her and smile instead of cry. f_yellow:grouphug

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. :candle:grouphug

Godspeed Tipper, run with the angels and send your folks a sign you are OK. :gh_run2

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Oh, I'm so sorry for the loss of beautiful Tipper :cry1:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)