Vinnie

Guest judechet

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince, I am so sorry. :grouphug Godspeed Vinnie, run with all the other angels. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Vinnie crossed the bridge today less than three months before his 14th birthday.

When I came home from shopping, he got up with the others to greet me. Then, all of a sudden, his hind legs both gave out and he fell on his butt. He tried to get up and couldn't. He did manage to crawl a few feet to a bed. I thought that he might have sprained a leg and decided just to watch him carefully. Later, he tried to get up again and could not. I tried using a sling to help him and it was obvious that he was in a lot of pain.

With the help of a neighbor, we carried Vinnie out to my car in a comforter and I took him to the emergency clinic. The doctor examined Vinnie and told me that he had severe nerve damage to both legs and would never be able to stand again. Also, he had a heart problem for his heart was beating very rapidly and sporadically. She said that the humane thing to do would be to let him go. I expected that news.

So, Vinnie, a sweet, friendly, happy-go-lucky guy who was never bothered by any thing or anyone, is now waiting for me on the other side. I adopted him from Marilyn of Greyhound Adoptions of Florida while I was still living in Houston. Vinnie was flown to me on the maiden voyage of a Piper Cub; thanks to a suggestion by Burpdog. Vinnie had the same name as I and we certainly were soul mates. What I will miss most is his nightly ritual: after turnout at 10, I would give everyone a biscuit. Vinnie would remain in the kitchen and nestle up to me and we would spend several minutes together as I hugged, petted, and spoke with him. Then he would follow me to bed. Tonight will be very difficult for me. I am conforted by knowing that he had a long life and we had many good years together. And, we will be together for all eternity. Godspeed, my friend! You are one of God's loving and loved creatures. You are my special friend. There is no cross that love won't bear. I miss you terribly but your spirit will always live in my heart and thoughts. Go in peace, my prince.

Oh, Vince, I am so sorry! This just bites.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Vince, I'm so sorry. You've had so much loss in such a short period of time :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Greyhoundbaby

I am so sorry for your loss.

May you find comfort in the love of friends and the many warm memories you have of Vinnie which you can cherish forever.

:f_red

I'm so sorry. :(

:gh_run

RainbowSky.jpg

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown