Another Limping Greyhound

Guest phoenixrizn

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please know that we here in the desert will continue to keep you and Heath in our prayers. That you will find peace, and Heath remain comfortable. Give him a BIG hug for us.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Sending my prayers. I know how you are feeling. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest albrodie

i'm so sorry to hear about your pupper. our prayers are with him and your family. please remember when it's decision time, what's best for Heath is the way to go no matter how heart breaking it may be for you and your family. he is very lucky to have made it all the way to 13. :candle:candle:bighug

Thinking of you and Heath :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so sorry you've gotten this dreaded cancer diagnosis. Even when you are so afraid, and thinking that it is cancer, it's still devastating to hear that word. As you said, it doesn't seem that he would be a good candidate for amputation, so whatever you do is going to bring you limited time together. Cherish those days or weeks or months, and don't let that sadness and fear of what's to come steal this precious time together away from you. He knows how much you love him, and that's the most important thing you can give him.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm also near by (Natick). If you need anything; help with your other greys just let me know. I was in your shoes last year at this time. When they are limping & there is ice on the ground it makes it extremely difficult. :(

Edited by zimsmom

Guest phoenixrizn

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. Thanks JenniferS and zimsmom for your offers of help. I'm still trying to work out a plan for Heath--it's a hard decision since he's not in great shape in general.

He still has a good appetite; I've switched him to Innova Evo to avoid carbs. The vet took fluid from lymph nodes in the rear yesterday so we can get an idea of what stage he's in; we've contacted an oncologist for advice as well.

Meantime, I'm spoiling him rotten with tasty meat treats. He seems content.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I'm so sorry to hear about Health's diagnosis. I highly recommend NEVOG (New England Vet. Oncology Group) in Waltham. Dr. Cronin has taken good care of my boys. I'm in Groton, MA.

Guest phoenixrizn

So, the aspirate of his rear lymph nodes showed lymphoma as well, so it's advanced.

We're going to do prednisone therapy. I'm spoiling him rotten.

Does anyone know any animal communicators who might be able to give an appointment on short notice?

Guest Machbragal
So, the aspirate of his rear lymph nodes showed lymphoma as well, so it's advanced.

We're going to do prednisone therapy. I'm spoiling him rotten.

Does anyone know any animal communicators who might be able to give an appointment on short notice?

I am sorry to hear this. I have used Mary Getten as an animal communicator. I was desparate to find a resolution to an unhappy indoor cat who appeared to want to be an outdoor cat. I was thinking of re-homing him, but I wanted to get a sense of what level his frustrations were at. I called her and she did a communication via telephone. I am hugely skeptical, but I have to say she was amazing. I felt like I could communicate with my cat, and she pointed out things that there's no way she could have known. So, I feel good recommending her -- she helped us tremendously.

Her contact information is:

E-mail Mary at MG@rockisland.com

P.O. Box 1391, Eastsound, WA 98245

The number to call is: (360)376-7606

Here's her website:

http://www.rockisland.com/~mg/

Guest phoenixrizn

We helped Heath to the bridge today. He's no longer in pain.

My heart is broken.

I will post in Rememberance when I get myself together.