Please Pray For My Munchie....

Guest LittleGreys

Guest LittleGreys

She is going downhill and we don't know why. The vets are puzzled, and I am exhausted. I am beginning to fear that she is slipping away from me. My husband and I spent another night with no sleep, but at least I am off today to be with her.

This is just so hard. My little 8 year old daughter is so worried about her Munchie, but at the same time feels neglected that we are not getting all our usual Christmas things done.

Am waiting on some more test results today............

Thanks so all who have sent PMs or emails, sorry if I don't get them all answered right now, I don't think I am going to be online a whole lot in the next few days.

Please just keep Munchie in your thoughts and prayers, she is such a special little girl.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending my heart and prayers and very gentle hugs. :grouphug Please update us as you can. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I was just wondering yesterday how she is doing. :grouphug :grouphug :hope:hope:hope

Edited by turbotaina

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

:(

Here are good thoughts for Munchie from her Uncle Jay.

160134847_c66672893c_m.jpg

:candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest LittleGreys
:(

Here are good thoughts for Munchie from her Uncle Jay.

160134847_c66672893c_m.jpg

OMG Jay, that is awesome! I had forgotten how little she was!! That brings back memories......

I called the vet and we have reduced her pred dose, hoping that may be part of the problem. She has developed pyuria, her bladder is basically filled with pus. She may have pyelonephritis, in which pred is contraindicated. :( My vet decided to lower the pred dose and keep a close eye on her joints. Still waiting for the urine culture.

She ate her breakfast and washed it down with about 2 gallons of water. She is drinking SO much, I always have the thought of bloat in my mind, but she is not active AT ALL, so am hoping we will be OK.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, Munchie loves you all!!

:cry1:sad1:hope for our sweet Munchie!!!

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

Very sorry to hear this. :grouphug Sending lots of prayers... :hope:hope:hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm sorry, I'm only just catching up on this whole tale. Poor Munchie.

Have they ruled out systemic lupus? This is from the Merck Vet Manual online:

Inflammatory polyarthritis secondary to deposition of immune complexes can produce erosive (destruction of articular cartilage and subchondral bone) or nonerosive (periarticular inflammation) forms of joint diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis, Greyhound polyarthritis, and feline progressive polyarthritis are examples of erosive arthritides. Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is the most common form of nonerosive arthritis.

Clinical signs are lameness, multiple joint pain, joint swelling, fever, malaise, and anorexia. Clinical signs commonly wax and wane.

Diagnosis is aided by radiography, biopsy, arthrocentesis, and serologic testing. Radiography reveals periarticular swelling, effusion, and joint collapse plus subchondral bone destruction in erosive conditions. Arthrocentesis reveals synovial fluid with reduced viscosity and increased inflammatory cell counts. Biopsy of synovial tissue reveals mild to severe inflammation and cellular infiltrates. Serologic testing is performed for rheumatoid factor and antinuclear antibodies.

Treatment involves anti-inflammatory medications (eg, corticosteroids) and chemotherapeutic agents (eg, cyclophosphamide, azathioprine, or methotrexate). Prognosis is guarded due to relapses and inability to determine the inciting cause of the autoimmune reactions.

Sending many good thoughts! :hope :hope :hope

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop