Please Pray For Max

Guest MaxiesMom

Guest MaxiesMom

It has been awhile since I have posted about my boy. Some of you will remember 33 months ago when he was first dx'd with osteo, he and I drove from Georgia to Florida for his amputation. What a nightmare those first weeks were.... As the months went by and then years I started to relax and put the fears to the back of my mind far away from any waking thought. Max is my heart, my first greyhound and very much responsible for changing my life. I have done so many things and met so many people I never would have if not for Max. What an incredible lucky woman I am for having him for so long. He started having some difficulty controlling his movements from his hips down this morning. It is not constant, just every now and then. I adjusted his pain meds so he is not in pain. Still eating, but not wanting to walk as much. I lost Sweet Pea in much the same way. She went so fast, I felt like I had the air knocked out of me. Now I sit here looking at my boy knowing that I will never let him suffer or lose his dignity, he has been too good to me for that. I feel like if I look away for a minute he will be gone. I can't stop the tears from running down my face knowing what is ahead. So I sit touching him, trying to burn in my memory his smell and the feel of his muzzle when I kiss him. Please keep us in your thoughts tonight.

:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

You are both in my thoughts.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Prayers for you and Max. I hope for a peaceful night. Hug him tight to your heart where he will always be.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Robin & I are with you in "spirit." We have been through this before althought not with a GH. Our Rossi is more family than any previous animals, to loose him, well lets not go there. You are doing what we have done, holding & keeping the Max as comfortable as posible. So sad a time, we all know. Our hearts & feelings are with you.

Tom & Robin

Here, for what it is worth :gh_run remeber him on that run & remeber that "run" will be to the bridge that so many of our animals have crosed. The "bridge" that we all will cross someday to be to be united.

Guest bowiebears

My prayers and good thoughts for you and Max.

It is tremendously difficult to let these special creatures go.

My Arlo died in February of this year, and just this afternoon I picked up his collar to clean in that part of the house. I'm afraid I was a basket case for an hour or so....

I'm with you in spirit, and hope your will feel supported and comforted by your GR family.

--isaac

Guest fountainpengwen

:grouphug I'm so sorry you are going through this, but you are both lucky to have had good times together.

I remember when Luna's time was near, and I would like with her on the floor trying to memorize all her spots so I would never forget them all, and stroke her ears trying to burn their softness into my brain.