Welcome Home, Dazzling!

ZoomDoggy

Last night we brought home a beautiful little red fawn girlie as a new companion for our Tipper. She will be four years old on December 27th. After an uneventful introduction (Tipper sniffed her for about 30 seconds, then wandered off to pee on my garden :rolleyes: ), we came indoors, and this first pic illustrates why I was unable to post these pics last night. :lol Dazzle's curiosity was very piqued by our cats, Sid and Zorba. We spent the first couple hours leashed and muzzled, graduating to just muzzled by bedtime.

31208370351.jpg

She's not cat-aggressive, but cat-curious. This has already improved greatly in the last 12 hours, helped by the fact my cats are not intimidated at all.

Dazzle did very well her first night, only paced a little bit, only startled at one of the cats once. Stairs are still very novel to her (she was fostered 2 1/2 weeks in a home with few stairs), but she has already willingly gone down them twice. Up is scarier. :lol

31208370459.jpg

Sorry about the glow-eyes, but here you can see our pixie-girl could use a few sandwiches. We'll get weight on her in no time I tink, based on her eagerness at mealtimes. :chow Now if only she'll drink some water... :unsure

31208370414.jpg

She appears to thoroughly understand the purpose of the dog beds, no tutoring required.

31208370484.jpg

31208370487.jpg

I've taken the day off work so I can help her settle in, but she seems surprisingly content already. She's relaxing in her bed right behind my office chair, and has already briefly toyed with a stuffie.

I think she'll fit in juuuuust fine. :wub:

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh...she looks right at home already!!

Cody is cat curious too. Doesn't want to eat them but is fascinated with them. Funniest think I have ever seen.

Congrats to everyone!! :clap:confetti

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

:yay

We can't wait to meet her :)

Now she just needs a matching tag collar (you know me and stuff matching) :lol

She has a jingle-free ID collar on order in basic black. Goes with everything. ;)

~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Forgot to add, this is a pic from our first meeting with Dazzling almost two weeks ago. Hubby was immediately in love. :wub:

post-4518-1194618050.jpg

What's rather funny is that I've had four greyhounds, but Dazzling is my first who is a fresh retiree. All my others have been bounces, so some of this "newness" is a little new to me. Last night Dazzle bumped her muzzle a few times into the glass front of a curio cabinet, wondering why her head stopped at the glass. :lol Can't wait to see what she thinks when she notices the aquarium...

:yay:banana:confetti

She is , well, Dazzling.

Congrats mom and dad, Tip will teach her the ropes in no time!!

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Believe me, hubby wouldn't reject Jet, despite his moratorium on dog adoptions for the rest of '07. :lol