My Precious Greyhound Just Died Today

Guest needlenosemom

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hazelhedge
:( Just 2 hours ago, I found my precious little girl dead on the family room floor. She was just 7 1/2 and she must have died in her sleep. No symptoms----NOTHING!!!! We are all in shock. She didnt get into anything. I think she had a heart attack or a stroke. Her great grandfather, HB Commander, died of a stroke just before his 8th birthday. That is the only clue we have. We are all numb. I just got her certified for pet therapy and we were so hoping to bring smiles to all those in need.

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. What a shock...wishing you happy memories and comfort from your friends.

Vicki

Guest Redpack

I'm so very sorry. How horribly shocking and sad for you!

My boys are HB's Commander's grandsons...they will be 6 in December. HB's Commander died from a ruptured blood vessel a few days before his eighth birthday.

Guest greymom1997

I am so, so sorry for your sudden loss. I hope, with time, you will be able to find joy in the years spent with your precious girl..... :grouphug

Run free at the Bridge sweet girl... :gh_run

Guest snowberry

So very sorry :grouphug I have a dog the same age, and I know how shocked I would be in that situation - my prayers and good wishes for you and your family :f_white

I'm so very sorry!

These things should happen but they do. I know how hard it is. :grouphug

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

:cry1 I'm so sorry. I lost my first one the same way.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest VelvetEars

Having just lost my baby a week ago, very suddenly, I feel your loss so keenly. Please know how many of us share your grief and disbelief, and are here if you need a shoulder.

Guest PhillyPups

OMG Just read this... how painful and devastating. HB's Commander is the Queen's daddy and she is 13-1/2. I did lose my Runner that way, while we were at a M&G 2 weeks before his 8th birthday, it rips your heart out.

Prayers and hugs to you.

Run with the angels sweet one ~